Forums > General Industry > Model Search America

Model

Crazy Cel

Miami, Florida, US

One of my friends went and filled out their app.  She told me that they invite people to go and she was "chosen."  Has anyone been to any of their events and if so what was it like?  I figured someone on here has got to know about them.

Any words?

May 09 06 04:35 pm Link

Photographer

JM Dean

Cary, North Carolina, US

May 09 06 04:37 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Yes, I've been to many of them.

www.newmodels.com/searches.html

May 09 06 05:34 pm Link

Model

Amanda Padilla

New York, New York, US

i got chosen for that one and another one.. there a scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hung up the phone when they told me it would cost me 2,000 HAHA

May 09 06 05:40 pm Link

Photographer

Gold Rush Studio

Sacramento, California, US

Amanda Padilla wrote:
i got chosen for that one and another one.. there a scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hung up the phone when they told me it would cost me 2,000 HAHA

Good move. They'd choose Phyllis Diller as a model so long as she had two large to put in their paws.

May 09 06 05:49 pm Link

Model

spyro2122

Orlando, Florida, US

yeah it is pretty bad.

May 09 06 07:36 pm Link

Model

mica2326

Miami Beach, Florida, US

I find that usually these type of people are definately a scam...you go in with a couple hundred other people, they show you a movie then they pick out about 20-30 people and tell them that they can make you a famous model. The catch, being you have to pay this much for headshots and this much for comp cards, and blah blah blah...By the end of it they want you to pay anywhere from 500-1000 for basically a really lame photoshoot. I was advised to stay away from these type of places, I just wish everyone else was aswell...

May 09 06 11:49 pm Link

Model

Crazy Cel

Miami, Florida, US

O no... Well maybe I can convince her not to go.  I figured it was an elaborate scam and told her to spend the money on some good pics.  Maybe we can raise hell and get her deposit back if I can convince her not to go. She told me last night that the total package was 1300 minus airfare. I couldn't believe she'd agree to that.

May 10 06 07:42 am Link

Model

Karamel

Detroit, Michigan, US

Yeah, I was "chosen" too, and attended one of the events in Chicago.  Truly, they only selected really REALLY young girls and boys that they could mold, etc.  If she's older than 13-15 years old, I don't think that her chances are good.  Otherwise, like it was previously said, the event lasted for a whole weekend. You go seminar to seminar where they teach you how to walk the catwalk, put on your own makeup, and other techniques, you meet the models of "MSA," buy some of their gear, spend a whole bunch of money for hotel/airfare and the event, and that's pretty much it!!

Karamel

May 10 06 07:55 am Link