Model

MELissaMOORE

Fairfield, California, US

In your opinion how recent should your pics in your actual book that you show photographers be?
How old is too old for a models image in her portfolio?
Kisses & thanks,
MEL

May 09 06 11:12 am Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

Whenever you have a new look, update your portfolio. Otherwise, keep what gets the most good reaction, get rid of the rest.

May 09 06 11:15 am Link

Model

MELissaMOORE

Glamour Boulevard wrote:
Whenever you have a new look, update your portfolio. Otherwise, keep what gets the most good reaction, get rid of the rest.

What if some pics are like 2 years old, should you still use them because even if the pic is awesome, your looks change in 2 years!
Kisses,
MEL

May 09 06 11:18 am Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

MELmoore wrote:

What if some pics are like 2 years old, should you still use them because even if the pic is awesome, your looks change in 2 years!
Kisses,
MEL

If your look changes, yes, take the old look out and use photos that represent your current look. It is a lot easier for us photographers,lol. I have stuff I have kept in my portfolio for 5 years because of the attention the shots get.

May 09 06 11:20 am Link

Photographer

Fred Brown Photo

Chicago, Illinois, US

Your pictures will be remembered when you book is reviewed again. Depending on the length of time that has elasped, the perception will be that this model does not work alot because there are not many changes or updates to this book. At that point, it could work against you.

With that in mind, you can always rotate images in and out. That way your book is always changing.

May 09 06 11:29 am Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

Like when photographers change images in their books when their style changes, models need to change images in their books when their looks change.

Keeping a look in your book that's a great image but you are unable to project on camera is false representation.

I know when I look at a models book, I expect the model to provide those poses unless it’s a tear sheets, then that is more like a resume big_smile

May 09 06 11:39 am Link

Model

dani faye

Brooklyn, New York, US

May 09 06 11:53 am Link

Model

dani faye

Brooklyn, New York, US

I've been told by angencies that, EVERYTIME that ANYTHING changes, you must redo your entire book. Like, if you get a hair cut or gain/loose a sigificant amount of weight, or if you simply look more mature... or get tattoos/peircings etc. your book must reflect exactly what you look like right now.

May 09 06 11:53 am Link

Photographer

Fred Brown Photo

Chicago, Illinois, US

Yep, that's very true but major changes should not even be done without consulting with their agency first.

-FB

May 09 06 12:25 pm Link

Model

MELissaMOORE

I was mostly asking about the portfolio that you physically bring to a go see, not an electronic portfolio. I am always switching out my pics on my MM portfolio.
Kisses,
MEL
thanks 4 the help

May 09 06 02:19 pm Link

Photographer

Leonard Gee Photography

Most agencies like photos to be no more than 6 months old. Course, if your hair or other major changes happen - they want it updated immediately.

May 09 06 02:37 pm Link

Photographer

Nick Ryder

Walnut Creek, California, US

MELmoore wrote:

Kisses,
MEL

Keep current as possible, models should be shooting all the time and updating, continue to re-invent yourself and push your limits. There's a lot of great photographers that can help you achieve that goal. Two years is really too old, keep it fresh.

May 09 06 02:44 pm Link