Wardrobe Stylist

Kuree

Los Angeles, California, US

I'm bored and got nothing intelligent to say. Try to keep up with my bouncey mind.

It's past my bedtime, but can't sleep... craving fruit. Some people can't control themselves over chocolate and say it's better than sex. But my heaven would be living on fruit. I'd trade my bf/exbf (what's today?) for a box of Maui Gold pineapples any day. And I'd give up the two on the side if they were for two boxes of Maui Gold "Sugar Babies" (j/k)... ever had one of those? The pineapples, not the boys on the side... those are nothing but trouble. Ay ay ay. Sweetest pineapple ever, like good for you candy. The agony!

Oh! The post!

Who's tried the Sugar based products out there? (body care)

Like Archipelago Botanicals' Sugar Collection. Yum. Is this stuff addicting or what? I've been an addict for a year now.

This week I'm testing a 100% sugar (cane extract?) based shampoo product, no sulfates et al. Somehow I became the lab rat for one of my clients (hawaii) because they won't test on animals... human cruelty only. lol. Mean to send me stuff and I run out and can't buy them yet. 

Product sounded cool and smelled so wonderful. Mmmmmm. Ahhh. I love tropical stuff, especially Coconut & Mango fragrances... ooooh I want Strawberries, Pineapple and Guava covered with Lappert's sorbet... I can't wait for summer!!!!

Oh.... sorry, got side tracked again...

I think the product sucked. sad  A first.

It's suppose to clean with sugar enzyemes rather than thick foaming action. I could live with it, but don't you agree consumers are trained to thinking the lather is what cleans and if it doesn't lather... it doesn't clean. Thinking about it.

My question is...

don't enzyemes require more time to really start working? I'm not leaving no shampoo in my hair for five minutes or longer for the stuff to clean.

Dunno... I hope my hair doesn't start smelling funky.

Anybody know more about this sugar stuff?

And my third question is...

Why does grocery store fruit have to suck so much?!!! I'm about to overnight pineapples to myself. And some 100% Kona coffee.

Want some?

May 09 06 03:11 am Link

Makeup Artist

Makeup By Diana Marie

North Valley Stream, New York, US

I'm a colorist and the # 1 killer of color is... *drumroll please......*

Foaming action in shampoo!!!

They're trying to eliminate the suds & bubbles now because it strips the hair shaft of its color... The sugar is probably acidic enough to take out the oil in ones hair and not damage it as well... Your hair should never feel squeaky clean after your wash it... thats the worst thing for it

If you dont color your hair and/or you have an oily scalp, etc... the more foaming action the better... otherwise make sure to stay away from it!

May 21 06 05:54 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Makeup By Diana Marie

North Valley Stream, New York, US

and yes there is nothing like those pineapples and the Kona Coffee... i could live off of it!!!... Did you ever try POG juice? (Passion Fruit, Guava & Orange) Theres nothing like that... if you go to Oahu make sure you do one breakfast at the Sheraton Royal Hawaiian... thats where I stayed and you cant get any better than that... It was one of the first hotels built there... they call it the little pink hotel! And if your servers name is Wayne you got the full on 100% Diana's Royal Hawaiian Experience.. haha... overnight me some pineapples while you're at it...

May 21 06 05:57 pm Link