Forums > General Industry > Repeat Models

Makeup Artist

Rayrayrose

Los Angeles, California, US

I am just now getting ready to print images for my portfolio. My question is, even though there are different make-up looks and different photographers... should I use the same model in my physical portfolio more than once?

May 08 06 11:11 am Link

Model

_ALMUR_

San Francisco, California, US

why not? if you have a couple of pics you love, i say yes.

May 08 06 11:14 am Link

Photographer

Mandi Chisholm

Columbus, Ohio, US

in my opinion... it's not bad to have the same girl more than once, just as long as she's different in both. It's really great for you as a stylist to have as many faces as possible. Showing your talent and versitility is the key.

just my 2 cents

May 08 06 11:15 am Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

I normally suggest to models that they only use one photo per set when they post images to their portfolio, but I see no reason why a make-up artist or stylist can't do the same.

I would avoid putting up multiple pictures from the same look unless there are distinct features that you want to show from different angles.

But if you have two entirely different looks, I would say, "go for it."

May 08 06 11:16 am Link

Photographer

Papa-Rotzzi Photography

Ladson, South Carolina, US

rachelrose wrote:
I am just now getting ready to print images for my portfolio. My question is, even though there are different make-up looks and different photographers... should I use the same model in my physical portfolio more than once?

As for me, if I were looking to hire you, I would like to see that you could pull off many different looks with the same model. I just would not want to see the same model/same look more than once.

May 08 06 11:17 am Link

Model

NAT

Huntington, Virginia, US

Ifd u like them use them

May 08 06 11:28 am Link