Forums > General Industry > The Other Way Around...

Photographer

Max V

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Ok, here is the bait:

I am sure there are some photographers who want to model and some models who want to start taking pictures and become a photographer (well, there are some who do everything -modeling, photography, makeup, styling -and I admire them). I know some makeup artists were modeling before they became MUAs and some models were doing makeup before their modeling... Too many variations.

Personally: I could never model. I give terrible pictures. I hate being front of the camera. I don't have any pictures, not even snapshots in different places I travel (besides the one Michael Rosen and Mikey Boy took in Milwaukee with several naked beauties around me... I was drunk enough to say "NO" :-) I may seriously take classes and learn makeup some day thou. It would be always plus for my photography.

I want to know the photographers here want to try modeling and models want to try being behind of the camera... Most of all, ENJOY doing that vice versa action.

So, let photographers post their modeling pic samples and models post their photography samples here...

Cheers.

Max V.

May 07 06 09:03 pm Link

May 07 06 09:20 pm Link

Photographer

Max V

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Andria, I like them. Really...

Do you think behind the camera experience brings more understanding into your modeling?

M.

May 07 06 09:28 pm Link

Model

Adria W.

Sacramento, California, US

Max V wrote:
Andria, I like them. Really...

Do you think behind the camera experience brings more understanding into your modeling?

M.

Max,

It's Adria smile

And, maybe. I'm not sure. I don't consider myself a model, or a photographer really. I just like what I do, because it's fun. I like meeting new people, making friends, and making beautiful art, be it from behind the camera, or in front.

Being behind the camera only made me really realize how much I wanted to pose the people I was shooting, and I realized I had so many ideas in my head, that I would have to start modeling to get some of them out.

Still waiting for them to be put into digital format smile

And thank you for the compliment. I think your work is jaw dropping smile

~Adria.

May 07 06 09:31 pm Link

May 08 06 04:53 pm Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

I was a model first.  It was being part of the creative process that made me want to learn how to be a more active creator.  Now photography is my daily obsession.  smile  My MM photography portfolio.

May 08 06 05:04 pm Link

Model

Adria W.

Sacramento, California, US

Shyly wrote:
I was a model first.  It was being part of the creative process that made me want to learn how to be a more active creator.  Now photography is my daily obsession.  smile  My MM photography portfolio.

And I'm lucky enough to have worked with you...At least one side of you big_smile

May 08 06 05:09 pm Link

Model

No longer active-

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Yess!! I loove photography, I like working on both sides of the camera for sure

Taking photos yourself definitely helps with modeling… I mean you’ve got more of an appreciation for the time.. work.. skill etc that it takes to create a good photo.

And vice verse I've found that modeling has helped my photography improve.
I get to attend workshops for free tongue (or even get paid to attend) I have experience working with professional photographers, more so then my peers in photo class at school anyway. You get the chance tp pick up tips here and there… different styles, new and different ways to do things..

https://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c54/ATheFantastic/003.jpg https://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c54/ATheFantastic/002.jpg

May 08 06 05:10 pm Link

Photographer

jon mmmayhem

Philadelphia, Mississippi, US

my modelling profile

i was posing for art classes before i was posing for photographers, and the camera worked its way in there somewhere and i ended up a photographer myself.

May 08 06 05:14 pm Link

Model

Ryan6663

New York, New York, US

i really wana learn how to be a photographer lol, i wish i had majored in it at school.

May 08 06 05:17 pm Link

Photographer

jon mmmayhem

Philadelphia, Mississippi, US

there's only so much they can teach you in school.
they'll cover the technical aspect, and offer some guidance on what has worked for others who came before you, but really, the best way to get good at photography is to take a ton of pictures and pay attention to what works -what gets the results YOU want- and what doesn't.

reading the manual that came with your camera helps too, i found out.

May 08 06 05:47 pm Link

Photographer

BlindMike

San Francisco, California, US

I walk the models through most of the poses in my shots, so when you're looking at em just imagine me.

Obviously they do a better job of making it look good than I do though, I don't quite have the ideal model body.

May 08 06 07:10 pm Link