Forums > General Industry > my first Myspace imposter

Photographer

Francisco Nunez Alfaro

Santa Barbara, California, US

DarkVisions wrote:

Unfortunately, the guy who ripped off my pics, (http://www.myspace.com/bmd9)re-badged them, claimed that they were his and used them to promote his own photography business did NOT cancel his membership.  Although he did take my pics off when I complained, so I guess that's something.

The thing that annoys me the most is that there are no repurcussions for these people!  They steal stuff that we work hard to create, get busted, shrug, take it off, and move on to ripping off the next artist!

[sighs]  But what do you do, huh?  Can't sue everyone...

I would be furious if someone took my work and called it there own, why would someone do that?... damn imposters... sorry, and I'm glad you found this guy...

May 26 06 05:24 pm Link

Model

Mayanlee

New City, New York, US

theda wrote:

Yes.

Trust you to cut to the chase. Glad to see ya.  smile

May 26 06 07:48 pm Link

Photographer

Mikel Featherston

San Diego, California, US

Wynd Mulysa wrote:
I wish someone would pretend to be me on myspace.  :0(.

Drop me a message and I will try to work it in this weekend. wink

May 26 06 07:50 pm Link

Model

The Matthew Ross

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

damn, you're so lucky to have an imposter than a big indicator you're the sh**!

May 26 06 07:56 pm Link

Model

Irismoon

Bethalto, Illinois, US

a friend of mine had someone steal all her credits and post them on omp as her own.  it is crazy how people think that they can get away with stuff like that.

i would be flattered that she thought enough of you to want to pretend to be you, but also annoyed.

May 30 06 04:04 pm Link

Photographer

jon mmmayhem

Philadelphia, Mississippi, US

every other week or so, Audrey or Lizz (my two friends who i've taken the most pictures of) post a bulletin along the lines of "check this girl out, using my pictures. etc etc"
and it's amusing because often they're pictures I TOOK so i get to write to the impostors like "guess what. i know you're lying, because those are my photos of them, not you. give it up".

usually they're deleted within a day or so.

also, since someone asked how people find out about this, the higher your profile, the more friends you're going to have all over the place, and the more likely you are to have someone spot someone (randomly stumbling over it, usually) and notify you. that's how it works with my friends at least.

May 30 06 08:40 pm Link

Model

Erica Jaye

Fort Worth, Texas, US

wow.. i have had "imposters" for the past like 3 yrs.. i can't find them all.. everyday someone comes at me with "i found someone who is using your pics" i gave up..

May 30 06 08:43 pm Link

Model

Mandie

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

I am a teacher.  My students found my MM site and stole the bio (which I changed since) and a bunch of my pictures, and made a myspace that said I am a lesbian and had other stuff in it that made me also sound incredibly stupid and trampy.  If you searched my real name on myspace, it came up.  I was concerned that my other students would find it and tell their parents that they found it and that I am a lesbian slut or something!  Fortunately, it just got taken down.  I found out the same way that it seems you all did - someone told me that they added me on myspace...  And I thought....  What myspace?

May 30 06 08:56 pm Link

Model

Ashton Shane

Chicago, Illinois, US

OMG, I had my first Myspace impersonator too this week. Myspace "says" they took it down but I still see the page. I'm not flattered, I'm pissed because I know exactly who did it.

Ashton

May 30 06 09:09 pm Link

Model

Nemesis73

Dayton, Alabama, US

Lacey of Ravenlace.com has had that happen to her a few times ... this one girl who stalks her is an absolute headcase. Steals her photos, says she's also an exotic dancer looking to break into the modeling business ... it's pathetic really.

Nemi

May 30 06 09:12 pm Link

Model

LuXsh

Ferndale, Michigan, US

I had someone on another site steal my pictures and tried framing me. Its nice when other people notice and inform you. I never would have known and DEFINATELY would have been a wee bit ticked.

https://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f387/vampyricgarbage/16yo.jpg

May 30 06 09:15 pm Link