Forums > General Industry > The Anti-Flake

Photographer

Amanda Schlicher

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Anyone ever had a model stop returning their messages, then take them off guard and show up for a shoot that they never confirmed?  When I hadn't heard from a model about a shoot this morning, I assumed he wasn't coming.  I gave his cell phone one last try and he said he was on his way (??) So I scrambled around getting the studio ready, then shot him in an hour and a half before I had to go to work.

Weird.

May 06 06 10:36 pm Link

Photographer

AU fotografia

Houston, Texas, US

lol, that's kinda scary..

i got a similar experience though! today my model called to let me know she was going to be an hour late.. (from 3pm to 4pm) so i kinda took it easy.. then she called at 2.45 saying she was on her way and got here at 3.10, SCARY, i just started puting myself together as fast as i could..

May 06 06 10:39 pm Link

Photographer

jbrana

Bakersfield, California, US

Interestingly enough, I was supposed to meet a model for a shoot.  At least, I thought I was.  We never really confirmed a date or a time, but she showed interest and understood that I was gonna be in the area only for the weekend.  A courtesy call one way or another would have gone a long way.  But then again, I'm here on vacation, so it's not like the trip is wasted ....

Too bad too.  Cos this place shows awesome potential for location shoots. 

Ah, well.  Yet another mayhem experience :-)

May 06 06 10:41 pm Link

Photographer

jbrana

Interestingly enough, I was supposed to meet a model for a shoot.  At least, I thought I was.  We never really confirmed a date or a time, but she showed interest and understood that I was gonna be in the area only for the weekend.  A courtesy call one way or another would have gone a long way.  But then again, I'm here on vacation, so it's not like the trip is wasted ....

May 06 06 10:41 pm Link

Photographer

Amanda Schlicher

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

jbrana wrote:

um, that's kind of like a regular flake, not an anti-flake.

May 06 06 10:43 pm Link

Photographer

jbrana

Amanda Schlicher wrote:
um, that's kind of like a regular flake, not an anti-flake.

True...but I wanted to tell someone :-) 

I haven't had an anti-flake yet...

May 06 06 10:44 pm Link

Photographer

AU fotografia

Houston, Texas, US

jbrana wrote:

True...but I wanted to tell someone :-) 

I haven't had an anti-flake yet...

awww we all have had those.. ugh.. sad

May 06 06 10:47 pm Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

you're not expecting me????

May 12 06 05:42 pm Link

Photographer

RED Photographic

Everything arranged, all sorted, no problems.  The model turns up, with another guy.

"Brought my mate along, in case you wanted to take pictures of him as well."

And the mate was an excellent model.

May 12 06 05:52 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

I have had a similar experience just recently.

There was a major project for a client going on and I have called for confirmation.

Scenario, I said we had to meet at the fashiondesigners' showroom for fitting Thursday evening, that's when the jewelry designer would travel to NYC to match the jewelry to the selected garments.

The shoot was supposed to be the next morning on Friday.

I had the MUA/Stylist scheduled as well.

For almost two weeks, I have tried to get confirmation via either email or return phone call, so that I could set the appointments for everybody.

The MUA/Stylist, working at a movie set at the time checked with me last time on Wednesday to see if we are still on for Friday, to schedule the time at the movie set.

Since I didn't hear from the client... AT ALL, I released the MUA and pretty much cancelled the shoot.

Thursday, noonish (initially we were supposed to meet that Thursday eve) I get a phone call by the client, confirming that we are still meeting for the fitting on Friday and shooting on Saturday.

Anyway... we rescheduled everything and shot with great success weeks later... but still... that was a major bummer.

May 12 06 05:53 pm Link

Photographer

Blaneyphoto

New York, New York, US

I had a model show up a WEEK early for a shoot once. She was one Sunday too soon...

And it couldn't have possibly been a worse time - my computer had just crashed (brand new mac - lost everything!) fifteen minutes earlier, so I was in a frenzy when the doorbell rang AND I had a different model arriving in a couple minutes!  That was a day I don't care to repeat...

May 12 06 05:55 pm Link

Photographer

photosbydmp

Shepparton-Mooroopna, Victoria, Australia

yes indeed, it was 3 days after the original shoot was talked about, kinda scary stuff.

May 13 06 05:15 pm Link

Model

Nola

Austin, Indiana, US

Just a little while ago I was supposed to have a shoot with a guy from Toronto that I was really excited about.  I thought we had confirmed everything and it was a go. So I left school early and went home and got ready, had keys to the studio we were renting and everything, was just waiting for his phone call to say that he had gotten into town so I could give him directions to the studio.  I wait for a long time, hours, and he doesn't call. Finally after leaving a message on his phone and email, he calls me back and says, "nola..we're not supposed to shoot until JUNE".  This was last month by the way.  I was waaaaaaaaaaaay off.  I felt like a big moron too because before he called I was complaining to all my friends about flakey photographers, turns out I was the flake...or anti-flake maybe in this case?

May 13 06 05:49 pm Link

Photographer

Art Schotz

Lima, Ohio, US

I still think that anti-flake is an oxymoron....It simply doesn't exist.  Something that doesn't occur in nature.

Must be a figment of your imagination!

May 13 06 06:03 pm Link

Photographer

WBV Artography

San Antonio, Texas, US

Bout the closest to that is having a shoot arrainged and the model calls a day early saying she's geting off work in 15 and can we please shoot today because she wants the nice attention.

I don't use a studio and my gear is set for outdoor and travel work so as long as my batts are fresh I can go at a moments notice-was a nice shoot and she is a wonderful model.  smile

May 13 06 08:12 pm Link