Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Beauty Retouching II - Discussion Thread

Retoucher

ImagesRetouched

Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand

Please leave the chatter here so the thread can stay clear for voting.

Thanks!
big_smile

Jun 08 09 07:10 pm Link

Retoucher

T H R E E D O T S

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

This was very nice of you to do, im sure the OP of the original thread will appreciate it smile

Jun 08 09 07:29 pm Link

Photographer

JenniferMaria

Miami Beach, Florida, US

Sure, no problem!

I like minimalist retouching where I see the final image and not post-processing.

I used this as a basis for my vote in the thread and my method for judgment was misread by another member.

I'd like to clarify my standpoint and show you some work by a few people who are talented retouchers that specialize in the type of retouching that I like- minimalist.  Of course, they can go crazier, too.

Here are two examples...

Since the work is not mine, I won't post it here but I will post the websites for you to see for yourself.

http://www.photobeautique.com/porfolio.html#

http://www.sydstudios.com/retouching/index.html

You still see pores.

Images pop.  I don't look at the final image and see post-work- I just see a strong image.

I prefer this style.

Both of these websites show an ability to retouch the image so it looks minimalist, as well as the ability to add things that were not there to begin with- creative composites, etc.

To be able to do both is a skill and shows the talent that these people have.

Jun 09 09 08:06 am Link

Photographer

fm_photographie

Los Angeles, California, US

JenniferMaria  wrote:
Both of these websites show an ability to retouch the image so it looks minimalist, as well as the ability to add things that were not there to begin with- creative composites, etc.

To be able to do both is a skill and shows the talent that these people have.

those are pretty good websites...great retouches.

Jun 09 09 12:39 pm Link