Forums > General Industry > Is it too much to ask for simple responses??

Photographer

S-2 Media Corp

Birmingham, Alabama, US

I get so annoyed when I take the time out to fill out these novel length questionarres some models have in order to book with them.  I fill it out just as they like/ask for it, send it off only to have the message read but weeks later not a single word said back.

Is it too much to ask for common courtesy?

May 06 06 04:43 pm Link

Photographer

Merlyn Magic Photo

Long Beach, California, US

ptp wrote:
I get so annoyed when I take the time out to fill out these novel length questionarres some models have in order to book with them.  I fill it out just as they like/ask for it, send it off only to have the message read but weeks later not a single word said back.

Is it too much to ask for common courtesy?

Yes, when dealing with internet "model", just as they deal with not getting CDs or prints from internet "photographers. Part of the allure of dealing with the unknown. smile

May 06 06 04:47 pm Link

Photographer

S-2 Media Corp

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Merlyn_Magic Photo wrote:
Yes, when dealing with internet "model", just as they deal with not getting CDs or prints from internet "photographers. Part of the allure of dealing with the unknown. smile

Well, I try to cover the unknown by listing references, giving them many ways to contact me and offereing very good money for very easy work.  I would think that after all that info I'm giving them, if they weren't interested they could AT LEAST say "no" ...nothing more, so I can move on.

I just want to bang my head up against a wall sometimes ya know......hmmm, I wonder if I send money in an envelope first, what kind of response I'd get.  hahahaha!

geesh

May 06 06 04:51 pm Link

Photographer

area291

Calabasas, California, US

ptp wrote:
I get so annoyed when I take the time out to fill out these novel length questionarres some models have in order to book with them.

There's your mistake, you probably wrote yourself out of the sale.  Next time just leave a phone number and tell them to call.  If there is interest they will.

May 06 06 08:13 pm Link

Model

Crystalle L

Orlando, Florida, US

area291 wrote:

There's your mistake, you probably wrote yourself out of the sale.  Next time just leave a phone number and tell them to call.  If there is interest they will.

I disagree with leaving just a phone number. It is extremely uncomfortable to call someone you know nothing about who just says "Hey I want to work with you, call me at this number...". I wouldnt go through all the troublw to fill out everything they ask for if it takes a lot of time, just a few basics and if they are intersted, they will respond. And lastly, I agree that it is pretty rude not to respond, I myself respond to all message I receive because I know I would be upset if I messaged a photographer and he did not respond.

May 06 06 08:28 pm Link

Photographer

S-2 Media Corp

Birmingham, Alabama, US

area291 wrote:

When they put in bold text to fill out this information before contacting, I do the proper thing and fill it out.

I think my main issue here is just complete lack of tact, professionalism and plain common courtesy.

May 07 06 12:24 am Link

Photographer

S-2 Media Corp

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Crystal L wrote:
.. And lastly, I agree that it is pretty rude not to respond, I myself respond to all message I receive because I know I would be upset if I messaged a photographer and he did not respond.

exactly, the Golden Rule applies here...just a simple "no thanks" would be plenty sufficient for me, but all I get are the knowledge that they read my messages but never reply.

*sigh*  I guess my money isn't good enough *shrugs*

May 07 06 12:25 am Link

Model

Phoenix E

ptp wrote:

I think my main issue here is just complete lack of tact, professionalism and plain common courtesy.

i agree.
unfortunately it is a problem that plagues all of society.
it's not worth getting upset about....obviously they are not people you would have wanted to work with in the first place....just pretend that writing that novel length response is good practice of your english skills and dexterity

May 07 06 12:29 am Link