Model

LeB

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Sometimes i like shooting for fun, why does it always have to be about money? I'm a pro model, no day job, and i know how much i'm worth, but sometimes it feels like others, models and photogs alike, are taking the fun out of it. And i'm not talking some gwc or the model equivalent. I want to hear if there are any PRO photogs/models that are like me and sometimes do things just for fun. I'm a pilot as well and i know people that fly for a living, but still fly on the weekends, just for fun. One of my best friends is a pro football player, and when he's not being paid, he still likes to be active. It doesn't take away from their work. I don't think it takes away from my work if i like a photogs work and we take some good pics, just for the sake of taking good pics.

May 06 06 02:41 pm Link

Photographer

Marvin Dockery

Alcoa, Tennessee, US

LeBrone wrote:
Sometimes i like shooting for fun, why does it always have to be about money? I'm a pro model, no day job, and i know how much i'm worth, but sometimes it feels like others, models and photogs alike, are taking the fun out of it. And i'm not talking some gwc or the model equivalent. I want to hear if there are any PRO photogs/models that are like me and sometimes do things just for fun. I'm a pilot as well and i know people that fly for a living, but still fly on the weekends, just for fun. One of my best friends is a pro football player, and when he's not being paid, he still likes to be active. It doesn't take away from their work. I don't think it takes away from my work if i like a photogs work and we take some good pics, just for the sake of taking good pics.

I understand where you are coming from.

"It would be a sad Musician, that did not practice"

For several years my main model shooting job was in March, during spring break, shooting college models for a spring break calendar.  I would often set up some practice shoots in Febuary, just to get my shooting edge back.

May 06 06 10:10 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

Agreed. Since I don't need to shoot to make a living, I get to do it for fun a lot more often.

I wouldn't do it if it weren't fun, for any price.

May 06 06 10:12 pm Link

Photographer

Chuck Holliday

New York, New York, US

i'm in an odd position because this is NOT my day/full-time job, but at the same time i didnt grow up doing this (i was a recording artist), so i naturally dont breathe the same passion behind the art as some others which is why i treat it more like a business. i still have fun with it though, but at the same time i've been lucky enough to have earned profit so once that happens i kinda have to treat it businesslike.

i do respect and admire everybody who breathes it because i still learn from those people, and it makes me always want to learn more about this field.

May 06 06 10:25 pm Link

Model

Jared H

Well chuck you got a very nice port, whether you breathe it or not

May 06 06 10:40 pm Link

Model

Phoenix E

LeBrone wrote:
I don't think it takes away from my work if i like a photogs work and we take some good pics, just for the sake of taking good pics.

this, mon cher, is why you are such a good model.

it is an unfortunate thing that our society is so wrapped up in money....i am not a pro model, but i often do gallery or promotional work for artists that i really like for free, simply because i enjoy the work and want to see them succeed. same thing with my fire performance--i normally get paid $50-75 per set, but i often do free shows for friends because i love doing the shows and making my friends happy.

also unfortunate: my dislike of our money driven society is the reason i am always broke. sigh. but i am very very happy smile

May 07 06 12:36 am Link

Photographer

Leonard Gee Photography

Sacramento, California, US

Well, I managed to always shoot for fun! Sometimes it's just for myself. Other times I get paid for it. I had a few jobs where people were paying me to photograph and it wasn't fun - but I've learned and don't do those jobs anymore.

That's why I like to test so much - there's no pressure and I can experiment and take chances that can't be taken on a job.

May 07 06 02:59 am Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

Its a gassssssssssssss
ok, who`s next?.......

May 07 06 03:08 am Link