Forums > General Industry > Tags... you're it!

Photographer

VRG Photography

Tallahassee, Florida, US

Hey,

What is your thinking about tags? Do you keep them all (minus the negative ones), or do you keep tags from certain people?

I tend to keep them all. It's a way to see what people think about my work, as well as give them a way of saying hello without sending me a message on the board.

Your thoughts?

Anyone have bad experiences with tags, or leave a good tag with someone, only to see it gone a few days later?

May 05 06 10:48 pm Link

Photographer

R. Olson (RO)

Seattle, Washington, US

VRG Photography wrote:
Hey,

What is your thinking about tags? Do you keep them all (minus the negative ones), or do you keep tags from certain people?

I tend to keep them all. It's a way to see what people think about my work, as well as give them a way of saying hello without sending me a message on the board.

Your thoughts?

Anyone have bad experiences with tags, or leave a good tag with someone, only to see it gone a few days later?

Refer to this thread from the past: https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=27002

May 05 06 10:50 pm Link

Photographer

VRG Photography

Tallahassee, Florida, US

Thanks. I guess I'll go over there, then. smile

May 05 06 10:57 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

I delete some of them depending on the content like “nice workâ€? “cool photosâ€? or “If you’re ever in Alabama, I’d love to shoot with you; I think we could make some beautiful pictures togetherâ€?.

I have an ongoing conversation with a model friend of mine which if you read the comments, you only see one side of the conversation and it’s confusing, but I leave it because she’s cool.

Ps, I don't think the other thread is the same as what you asked.

May 05 06 11:05 pm Link

Model

Jay Dezelic

Seattle, Washington, US

I just leave them all - even the negative one.  I don't get so many that its a has become a problem.

May 05 06 11:18 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Jay Dezelic wrote:
I just leave them all - even the negative one.  I don't get so many that its a has become a problem.

Me too.

May 05 06 11:19 pm Link

Photographer

VRG Photography

Tallahassee, Florida, US

Thanks, Craig. It didn't seem the same, but I didn't want to be called out by the duplication police for starting the same thread.

If someone leaves you a tag, do you feel obligated to leave THEM one?

I usually do, unless one slips by me.

May 05 06 11:25 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

VRG Photography wrote:
Thanks, Craig. It didn't seem the same, but I didn't want to be called out by the duplication police for starting the same thread.

I usually do, unless one slips by me.

Obligated, no. I do at times. It all depends on if I feel my comments will be well received.

May 05 06 11:34 pm Link

Model

Jay Dezelic

Seattle, Washington, US

theda wrote:

Me too.

I don't believe that.  You probably get 5 billion tags a week.  You just delete them all in your sleep and don't want to admit it. smile

May 05 06 11:39 pm Link

Model

Tikeya

Edgewood, Maryland, US

VRG Photography wrote:

Yeah, I do.  When I see a new tag for me, I try to visit that person's page right away and leave them a photo comment and/or tag too.

May 06 06 02:13 pm Link