Forums > General Industry > Too much photoshop

Makeup Artist

Pazza_x_Trucco

El Centro, California, US

The photog. sent me some photos and on one the models face(jawline) turned out beautiful natural looking....and in another he photoshopped it too much that it looks like she has lock jaw(is that the correct term?) manish jaw..... it looks too fake.

I told him that it looked weird but he didn't respond back...do you think I offended him and he stayed quiet?...or I should tell him again so he can photoshop it better/less to have it look natural, because this is what is going in my book.

Liz

May 05 06 05:08 pm Link

Model

Benny

Brooklyn, New York, US

post the b4 and after

May 05 06 05:09 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Pazza_x_Trucco

I am making Sushi smile wrote:
post the b4 and after

He didn't send me the before.
I'll post the one that looks really good to compare to that one.

May 05 06 05:12 pm Link

Photographer

00siris

New York, New York, US

Pazza_x_Trucco wrote:
The photog. sent me some photos and on one the models face(jawline) turned out beautiful natural looking....and in another he photoshopped it too much that it looks like she has lock jaw(is that the correct term?) manish jaw..... it looks too fake.

I told him that it looked weird but he didn't respond back...do you think I offended him and he stayed quiet?...or I should tell him again so he can photoshop it better/less to have it look natural, because this is what is going in my book.

Liz

photographers have egos - you're probably not going to get him to redo anything unless you're a paying client

May 05 06 05:12 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Pazza_x_Trucco

I like how this one is

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g200/ … esized.jpg

Do you think it looks good? or too manish on the chin & jawline

May 05 06 05:23 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Pazza_x_Trucco

Or maybe she does have it like that, I was just looking at a snap shot I took of her and it looks the same...It just looks a little weird to me.

What do you guys think?

May 05 06 05:28 pm Link

Photographer

00siris

New York, New York, US

Pazza_x_Trucco wrote:
Or maybe she does have it like that, I was just looking at a snap shot I took of her and it looks the same...It just looks a little weird to me.

What do you guys think?

No offense - but I think you might have been out of line - the shape of her jaww is NOT the problem if there is one.

May 05 06 05:35 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

Why worry about it, really? Do the models makeup, collect the check after the shoot and go home,lol.

May 05 06 05:36 pm Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

San Diego, California, US

Pazza_x_Trucco wrote:
I like how this one is
Do you think it looks good? or too manish on the chin & jawline

The first photo is good.

The second photo looks like he started with a poor photo and tried to save it, then overworked it in the process. I think it's too far gone to correct, and I don't know if the original is worth the effort. I agree that it has nothing to do with the jawline. It has more to do with the photo becoming flat, overworked, off color, etc.

It could be that the editor just wanted to brush over the entire image with photoshop tools for some reason.

It seems like the original might have suffered from some motion blur, or maybe the light was low or the ISO was high and there was noise that the editor tried to smooth by bluring or D&S. Maybe it was a small crop from a large image and the data was not enough to work so maybe there is more editing than there is original image.

My opinion is to forget about it and move on. The first photo looks good. The second one was not flowing right.

When I get off track with editing, I tend to junk it and look for something else. Editing is very time consuming. There is no time to rehash a photo twice when it doesn't work.

May 05 06 10:18 pm Link