Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > What monitor are you using?

Photographer

JeF Briguet

Leytron, Valais, Switzerland

antonio66 wrote:
Lacie crt
electron blue4.
The best!!

I doubt there is still an Electron Blue IV out there that haven't faded away.
Those were fine years ago.. But they lasted only for a couple of year at most before starting to show severe deterioration.

I'm glad CRT years are over. smile

Jun 06 09 07:38 am Link

Digital Artist

Ruse Design

Warrington, England, United Kingdom

PC - iiyama ProLite E2407HDS-B1
MAC - viva la iiyama vision master pro 454 CRT :p hehe, 19"
I'm keeping my last 1 till it dies!!

Jun 06 09 07:44 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Berwick, Pennsylvania, US

I have a Dell UltraSharp 1800FP which I've had for about 7 years now. It still displays as well as it did out of the box. Calibration never seems to be an issue with it that I've noticed.

If I had the option, I'd probably go with the same line of monitor but something bigger. I'd keep this and use it in a dual monitor setup.

Jun 06 09 08:05 am Link

Photographer

CGI Images

Wichita, Kansas, US

I had a lacie that I sold, I could never seem to get it to stay corrected.  I used the money and bought dual 27" Dell Tru-color ones.  I've never been happier and my prints have never been more accurate.

Jun 06 09 08:29 am Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

LaCie 22"

Jun 06 09 08:39 am Link

Photographer

JoshuaBerardi

Davenport, Iowa, US

I'm still a sucker for a SAMSUNG SyncMaster CRT. Probably why my color sucks? My color doesn't suck. You suck. Anyway...

I had the opportunity at a business to see many monitors side by side from ViewSonics to flat panels (which always tend to not be that great) etc...these SyncMasters always looked better to me.

Jun 06 09 08:56 am Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

A 21 inch 'MAG Innovision' CRT... wink

Jun 07 09 01:16 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

El Segundo, California, US

JeF Briguet wrote:
I doubt there is still an Electron Blue IV out there that haven't faded away.
Those were fine years ago.. But they lasted only for a couple of year at most before starting to show severe deterioration.

It's worth noting that the useful lifespan of a CRT is much longer than the accurate lifespan of a CRT. It's a very rare unit which can maintain shadow detail properly longer than 3 years (think Artisan or Barco-class displays; possibly other high-end Trinitron/Diamondtron tubes), and other issues arise as well. They're perfectly usable for everything other than color-critical applications, but require serious workarounds if you want to even hope to use them for color-critical purposes.

Jun 07 09 04:18 pm Link