Forums > General Industry > Ever notice the casting call blunder?

Model

Adria W.

Sacramento, California, US

A model posts for california, saying she's available for work...

First response she gets is from ANOTHER model, saying "if you like my look, please send me a message, I'd love to work with you!" Or...." This sounds like fun, let me know if you want to use me for this"...

Do people even READ the casting calls? Or do they just do a search for every californian post, and then respond with a generic "HI! I'm interested!!!" post?

I've seen this about 20 times now, and it's ridiculous! How can people be so stupid?

May 04 06 04:39 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

No, they don't. I have not figured out how people can be that stupid, but we used to have a sticky post in casting calls about posting a location in the title (before we had the drop down menu). And yes, we had a model interetsed in that job too.  Miss Sticky.

May 04 06 04:41 pm Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

Not just models, I too am available for your project.

May 04 06 04:45 pm Link

Model

Adria W.

theda wrote:
No, they don't. I have not figured out how people can be that stupid, but we used to have a sticky post in casting calls about posting a location in the title (before we had the drop down menu). And yes, we had a model interetsed in that job too.  Miss Sticky.

That's hilarious. *laughs* Man, I don't get people. How can they possibly think they'll get work if they have a reputation for being THAT idiotic?

May 04 06 04:46 pm Link

Model

Adria W.

C R Photography wrote:
Not just models, I too am available for your project.

I have no idea what to say to that o.o;

May 04 06 04:48 pm Link

Photographer

Gary Davis

San Diego, California, US

The infamous "Bo Gus Agency" thread anyone?

May 04 06 06:54 pm Link

Model

Adria W.

Gary Davis wrote:
The infamous "Bo Gus Agency" thread anyone?

What? This isn't about bogus agencies, this is about stupid models. Sorry, never heard of the bogus agency one.

May 04 06 07:15 pm Link

Photographer

Gary Davis

fine, I'll do the legwork for you, GEEEZ! tongue

Looks like the original thread is gone but this one pretty much sums it up:
https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=5219

May 04 06 07:22 pm Link

Photographer

Tom Tesarik Photography

Ormond Beach, Florida, US

they probably deleted the original because they were afraid that it would be brought back to the top and it would start again smile

May 04 06 07:24 pm Link

Model

Adria W.

Gary Davis wrote:
fine, I'll do the legwork for you, GEEEZ! tongue

Looks like the original thread is gone but this one pretty much sums it up:
https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=5219

That is beyond hilarious.

I can't believe how many STUPID people there are.

Ah well. They probably deserved being tricked for not reading! tongue

Thanks for the laugh big_smile

May 04 06 07:32 pm Link

Photographer

Gary Davis

I'm not the kind of person to laugh at other peoples short commings or missfortune, but that one was really over the top.  In the original thread people kept posting "I'm interested" long after it had been posted, several times, in no uncertain terms, in the very same thread, that it was fake.  Sad.

May 04 06 07:44 pm Link

Model

Adria W.

Gary Davis wrote:
I'm not the kind of person to laugh at other peoples short commings or missfortune, but that one was really over the top.  In the original thread people kept posting "I'm interested" long after it had been posted, several times, in no uncertain terms, in the very same thread, that it was fake.  Sad.

Not sad, stupid. I could understand it being sad if the OP hadn't called it the Bo Gus agency, and stated many times overly obvious things making it fake.

Some people just need to learn the hard way that it really does pay to read things.

May 04 06 07:46 pm Link

Model

NAT

Huntington, Virginia, US

Adria W. wrote:
Do people even READ the casting calls? Or do they just do a search for every californian post, and then respond with a generic "HI! I'm interested!!!" post?

I've seen this about 20 times now, and it's ridiculous! How can people be so stupid?

Nope thats why they respond like that....their alittle slow...

May 04 06 08:22 pm Link

Model

Adria W.

Nat wrote:

Nope thats why they respond like that....their alittle slow...

It would appear so.

May 04 06 08:39 pm Link