Forums > General Industry > How can I find someone 2 make me a webpage 4 cheap

Model

NellySecret

Detroit, Michigan, US

It seems like nobody wants to build a web page 4 a reasonable price.

May 04 06 03:10 pm Link

Photographer

Analog Nomad

Pattaya, Central, Thailand

What do you consider a "reasonable price?"

May 04 06 03:14 pm Link

Photographer

Cassandra Panek

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

bang bang photo wrote:
What do you consider a "reasonable price?"

cheap. she says so in the title. big_smile

May 04 06 03:15 pm Link

Photographer

James S

Spokane Valley, Washington, US

I could do it, as long as it doesn't involve anything too complicated.

May 04 06 03:18 pm Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

Hit up the kids in your school's media dept.  I know we learned how to make webpages when I was in school.  Offer them like 100 bucks cuz you know college kids are broke and they'll have at it.  Buy a cheap domain space somewhere and there you go.  It won't be fantastic, but it'll get the job done.

May 04 06 03:22 pm Link

Photographer

Gems of Nature in N Atl

North Atlanta, Georgia, US

Waiting on popcorn to finish in Micro, sipping a coke, and I'll sit back and laugh at this thread grow...

May 04 06 03:22 pm Link

Model

PlusModelNikki

Pontiac, Michigan, US

I actually have a friend who is based out in Orlando, Fl who could give you his rates if you are interested big_smile

May 04 06 03:25 pm Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

NellySecret wrote:

I'll do it for $10.00 as long as it doesn’t involve a computer wink

May 04 06 03:28 pm Link

Photographer

Rohit Seth

Delhi, Delhi, India

Post a requirement on Craigslist.... you'll get tons of responses.

Make sure you check out their past work, though.

May 04 06 03:31 pm Link

Photographer

Malchow Photography

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

NellySecret wrote:

I'm located in Minneapolis, and my rates for webapges is VERY reasonable. give me a call. I'll PM you with my number.

May 04 06 03:33 pm Link

Photographer

Jeff Cohn

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

$600-1500 is reasonable and average. If you find one for less than that, you're dealing with an amature that has no idea what their doing or is using a template they found on some site.

May 05 06 03:17 am Link

Photographer

Analog Nomad

Jeff Cohn::X-Pose.net:: wrote:
$600-1500 is reasonable and average. If you find one for less than that, you're dealing with an amature that has no idea what their doing or is using a template they found on some site.

I'm always amazed when people make flat, factual statements like this, as though they are truth handed down on stone tablets from god, and there is simply no possibility of any other outcome. Sheesh. Sometimes the "spin" around here makes me dizzy.

May 05 06 06:21 am Link

Photographer

Twisted Light

Miami, Florida, US

I work at a graphics company and that 650-1500 is reasonable. It gets stupid when ppl have no clue what they want for content and have to bug a programmer or designer all the time with "What should I put here?" We charge more when we have to go in and fix someones site because some kid in school did it for a favor. Good luck finding some help on that.

May 05 06 06:28 am Link

Photographer

Squire Photography

London, England, United Kingdom

go to a university and pin a note on a message board, the student can do it as a project of theirs (so you know it will get done to a deadline), and you get a page done on the cheap.

May 05 06 06:31 am Link

Photographer

Analog Nomad

Merlinstouch wrote:
I work at a graphics company and that 650-1500 is reasonable. It gets stupid when ppl have no clue what they want for content and have to bug a programmer or designer all the time with "What should I put here?" We charge more when we have to go in and fix someones site because some kid in school did it for a favor. Good luck finding some help on that.

Yeah -- that's a nicer way to put it. I would say that there are inherent risks in using non-professionals, along with some potential benefits. There are inherent advantages to using a professional with much lower risks, although risk is still present.

"SPIN" happens when people pretend that there is only one answer to a question, and all other possible solutions other than their own are dangerous, preposterous, ill-conceived, damaging to the moral fibre and financial fabric of our society, and a total waste of time. Generally, the people making these statements have a large financial interest in getting other people to do things their way, which in my mind, significantly undermines the credibility of the advice.

Not that I mind people pointing out the advantages of their business model, and the risks of another's -- it's just when it's done with such religious fervor and bald self-interest, I get dizzy from the spin. . ..

May 05 06 06:38 am Link

Photographer

Orlando Shots

Orlando, Florida, US

Jalbum...free software that is AMAZING for website stuff, it only is for pictures nothing else, but check out my site, www.photosbyklipp.com i used that program and all that took me 10min?

May 05 06 06:40 am Link

Photographer

Twisted Light

Miami, Florida, US

Exactly. I deal with this everyday.

Remember before you talk to someone about doing your site. Do some research. Ask some questions. Ask me if you want what questions to ask someone. I'd be happy to help you, just send me a msg.

May 05 06 06:42 am Link

Photographer

Nic

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Depending on what you want I will do it for a couple hundred bucks! smile

Email me if interested and I can show you some examples.

Nic smile

May 05 06 06:46 am Link

Photographer

davidjrandall

Basically you're going to get what you pay for.

If you stick someone $100 it's going to show that that's all you paid. Ask plenty of questions about their skills and knowledge and remember that the site needs to be usable, accessible and comply with Section 508

May 05 06 06:49 am Link

Photographer

Twisted Light

Miami, Florida, US

webdesigndave wrote:
Basically you're going to get what you pay for.

If you stick someone $100 it's going to show that that's all you paid. Ask plenty of questions about their skills and knowledge and remember that the site needs to be usable, accessible and comply with Section 508

The site only needs to comply to section 508 if shes part of the federal government. Its nice to do for ppl but not required.

May 05 06 06:54 am Link

Photographer

NC Image Zone

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

You can check out our samples and if interested in our kind of designs let me know, we do it all http://www.go-designit.com prices are pretty reasonable. smile

May 05 06 07:03 am Link

Photographer

Somewhere in Time Studi

Winter Haven, Florida, US

Joshua Griffing wrote:
Jalbum...free software that is AMAZING for website stuff, it only is for pictures nothing else, but check out my site, www.photosbyklipp.com i used that program and all that took me 10min?

Hey Josh.....your web site doesn't come up!! Maybe you should've spent the money?

May 05 06 07:08 am Link

Photographer

Troy Council

Brooklyn, New York, US

Well let me know your budget, and I'll try to work with you.

May 05 06 07:10 am Link

Photographer

NC Image Zone

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

Joshua Griffing wrote:

I agree with you Josh! Very nice stuff there, its only for pictures but awesome I would say.

May 05 06 07:17 am Link

Photographer

CameraSight

Roselle Park, New Jersey, US

Rohit Seth wrote:
Post a requirement on Craigslist.... you'll get tons of responses.

Make sure you check out their past work, though.

Also mention that you'll give all the pizza, soda, candy they can inhale, lol.
OHH, that' s  soooo 90's, LOL

May 05 06 07:21 am Link

Photographer

davidjrandall

Merlinstouch wrote:
The site only needs to comply to section 508 if shes part of the federal government. Its nice to do for ppl but not required.

My mistake - I'm in the UK where the Disability Discrimination Act makes it a legal requirement.

A website that is put together in a standards compliant, semantic and accessible way will be open to a much wider audience.

May 05 06 07:29 am Link

Photographer

S T O N E H O R S E

Heath, Ohio, US

Merlinstouch wrote:

I do websites for a living and I would have to say in most cases $650-1500 is UNreasonable. A lot web designers feed off the fact that most people don't realize how simple it really is, and I've had client after client come in with a quote for anther company that was clearly a rip off.

We start out at $300, and a basic model portfolio, assuming she didn't want anything crazy, would probably be around $400-$500. If she wanted to enter the content herself if would even be cheaper. And we have very user friendly software that allows clients to do this.

Template or no (yes we do base most of our sites on templates, however, I said *base* meaning we go in and move things around and customize them completely so they don't look like any other site. All a template does is set up the basic structure of the site and save us from hand coding all the generic crap.) a site can basically be put up in a couple days assuming the content is all on hand. It always amazes me how little the general public knows about websites, and that they will constantly assume that to be *good* a site must cost a lot of money.

May 05 06 07:39 am Link

Photographer

Twisted Light

Miami, Florida, US

S T O N E  H O R S E wrote:
I do websites for a living and I would have to say in most cases $650-1500 is UNreasonable. A lot web designers feed off the fact that most people don't realize how simple it really is, and I've had client after client come in with a quote for anther company that was clearly a rip off.

We start out at $300, and a basic model portfolio, assuming she didn't want anything crazy, would probably be around $400-$500. If she wanted to enter the content herself if would even be cheaper. And we have very user friendly software that allows clients to do this.

Template or no (yes we do base most of our sites on templates, however, I said *base* meaning we go in and move things around and customize them completely so they don't look like any other site. All a template does is set up the basic structure of the site and save us from hand coding all the generic crap.) a site can basically be put up in a couple days assuming the content is all on hand. It always amazes me how little the general public knows about websites, and that they will constantly assume that to be *good* a site must cost a lot of money.

Hey you go ahead and do template based sites. Not trying to start fights. If someone wants a generic looking site that was based of a template hell I'll do it for 300 bucks too.

And the point is you get what you pay for. Most templates are coded horrible and Google and other search engines dont crawl them well.

Find your budget, decide what you want from it then ask alot of questions.

May 05 06 01:04 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Morris Photography

Los Angeles, California, US

Get a flash template and pay small amount for them to load.
http://www.templatemonster.com/flash-te … /9095.html

these peopl are good. someone may already have you template, but it is rare to locate or bump into the same design. Look around.

B

May 05 06 01:13 pm Link

Model

Leftpinkytoe

Portland, Oregon, US

Yeah, what would the OP define as a "reasonable price"?

I can do it, and I think my rates are pretty low, comparatively.

May 05 06 01:17 pm Link

Model

Tom Sullivan

I was looking at getting a website.  Have you thought about how much the domain name was gonna cost?  What about a hosting service?  Are you gonna pay someone to update it?  The cost of making the site is high but there are other costs too.  How you gonna make money from it?

May 05 06 01:21 pm Link