Forums > General Industry > Question about The Serpent Magazine...

Photographer

DezLand Studios

San Antonio, Florida, US

I was browsing and googling around and ran into this site

http://www.project-eve.net/mag_issue1.h … C=advanced

I was thinking about tryin it out...I have older images (not online) that I may be able to use and plus I have some new conepts in the future..and I would love to get published just to get out. But I was wondering has anyone done this kind of thing...or has anyone on here seen this?

I was looking at the FAQ's and it says the photographers keep Copyright and such, is there more I should be looking for?

Please give me your thoughts
Thank you so much!

May 04 06 02:28 pm Link

Photographer

Ephotique

Prescott, Arizona, US

Hi Dez,

I've seen the on-line mag and I also have a copy of thier first color issue.  Very classy and high quality magazine.  The 1st edition was standard size approx. 8.5 x 11 and about 1/2" thick.  The paper stock is very heavy, with a high-gloss surface and nice color.

The owner, publisher's name is Mol, he seems pretty nice and is quick to respond to emails.

By the way, I love your main image.

Best regards,
John

May 04 06 02:39 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

I signed up to be notified of when the first issue would be published . I get all their emails. but for some reason I have never clicked on one to open to link to look at the stuff.

May 04 06 02:46 pm Link

Photographer

DezLand Studios

San Antonio, Florida, US

Ephotique wrote:
Hi Dez,

I've seen the on-line mag and I also have a copy of thier first color issue.  Very classy and high quality magazine.  The 1st edition was standard size approx. 8.5 x 11 and about 1/2" thick.  The paper stock is very heavy, with a high-gloss surface and nice color.

The owner, publisher's name is Mol, he seems pretty nice and is quick to respond to emails.

By the way, I love your main image.

Best regards,
John

Thanks for the comment:D

So do think this is a good opportunity?

May 04 06 04:18 pm Link

Model

Sirensong

Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

I got my mug on the front cover of the second issue and shared a showcase with the photographer who did the digital work over two pages in the same issue.

So I was pleased enough.
Mol seems like a nice guy and as you get to retain copyright it cant be too bad.

May 04 06 04:23 pm Link

Photographer

DezLand Studios

San Antonio, Florida, US

Oh cool...man that would be awesome to be in that mag...Thanks for all your help!

May 04 06 10:16 pm Link

Photographer

Pat Thielen

Hastings, Minnesota, US

I'm wondering about this myself. I've had a couple models ask me about using my work in the magazine (they've been published in it already) and I'm really not sure. Nowhere does it say what the actual circulation is for it or who's going to be seeing it besides the photographers and models who have their photos printed in it. It almost seems the only way it's making money is by selling copies to people who get published, which in my view is rather strange. When a person's work is published isn't it customary to at least give the person a copy of the publication? It also seems odd that in a way you're paying to be published, but obviously that's only if you choose to buy the issue with your work in it. Anyway, it seems like a great way for a person to make money off another's work without having to pay them. In fact, the publisher in this case gets payed by both the artists and models for using their work in most cases. Methinks I smell a scam a-brewing... I'm very reluctant to have my work used in it without knowing it actually is being seen by actual subscribers.

It just seems rather odd to me, and I wouldn't consider being published in "The Serpent" as a real publishing credit unless I knew it actually had a circulation other than the contributors to the magazine. I'm very curious as to what others may feel about this.

-Pat-

Jul 10 06 10:10 am Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

Some of us have a lot of issues with "project-eve" not limited to the magazine.

Studio36

Jul 10 06 11:34 am Link