Forums > General Industry > Stepping Back

Photographer

james mckinnis

San Antonio, Texas, US

I made a mistake in entering a dispute in which I do not have the facts--

I went off half cocked and apologize to the individual at Dash Photo for this--

I stand by my anger at any photographer who in any way takes advantage of a model--I described a tragic murder in LA where I had met the model--I stand by that anger--professional photographers have a responsibility to themselves, to the models who work with them and to their colleagues to be professional and respectful at all times.

This does not excuse me from making the anger personal. That was an error and I apologize to the individuals in question. There are always two sides to any dispute and I forgot my own rules to listen before expressing an opinion.

Before I make accusations directed toward others, I should look within--

I apologize for taking advantage of one situation and generalizing my anger in a way that made it personal against another individual--that was my fault.

Models should always verify whom they are shooting with, hear things out, learn all they can and take whatever precautions they deem necessary--photographers should not let attitude affect their dealings with their clients--our work should be enough...

Jim McKinnis

May 03 06 09:02 am Link

Model

shellyradley

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland

jamckinnis wrote:
I made a mistake in entering a dispute in which I do not have the facts--

I went off half cocked and apologize to the individual at Dash Photo for this--

I stand by my anger at any photographer who in any way takes advantage of a model--I described a tragic murder in LA where I had met the model--I stand by that anger--professional photographers have a responsibility to themselves, to the models who work with them and to their colleagues to be professional and respectful at all times.

This does not excuse me from making the anger personal. That was an error and I apologize to the individuals in question. There are always two sides to any dispute and I forgot my own rules to listen before expressing an opinion.

Before I make accusations directed toward others, I should look within--

I apologize for taking advantage of one situation and generalizing my anger in a way that made it personal against another individual--that was my fault.

Models should always verify whom they are shooting with, hear things out, learn all they can and take whatever precautions they deem necessary--photographers should not let attitude affect their dealings with their clients--our work should be enough...

Jim McKinnis

to be honest with you i don't know what dispute you are on about however the advice thats been given is pretty much standard and anyone who does not have the logic or common sense or even the correct guidance to see that then thats not your fault or anyone elses.

i would not beat yourself up about it..

xx shelly xx

May 03 06 09:07 am Link

Model

NC17

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Theres actually 3 sides to every story... His, Hers, and the truth.

May 03 06 09:24 am Link

Model

shellyradley

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland

pinch of salt

May 03 06 09:30 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

This is the thread in question.

Trying to verify a photographer - need help
https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=44220