Forums > General Industry > Image Settings

Photographer

NC Image Zone

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

I am a bit confused as to what settings should be used for images in Photoshop so they always look crisp and sharp as intended once they are uploaded to MM, I have done a few that looks sharp once they have been uploaded but other times they look shabby. WHat settings do you use?

May 03 06 08:23 am Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

6.  It works every time.

May 03 06 09:02 am Link

Photographer

Analog Nomad

Pattaya, Central, Thailand

TXPhotog wrote:
6.  It works every time.

Not true -- I have specially modified my photoshop so that it goes all the way to 13. Waaaayyyyyy sharper!  (With a comedic tip of the hat to "This is Spinal Tap.")

May 03 06 10:36 am Link

Photographer

NC Image Zone

you see how some of my images are sharp and looking crisp? then some like the new ones looking a bit shabby? Is it a thing on MM or just a settings I need to save?

May 03 06 11:18 am Link

Photographer

Analog Nomad

Pattaya, Central, Thailand

NCImageZone wrote:
you see how some of my images are sharp and looking crisp? then some like the new ones looking a bit shabby? Is it a thing on MM or just a settings I need to save?

Actually, I do believe there has been some discussion of the amount of compression that MM is using on uploaded images.  You might want to try posting in the site-related discussion forum.

May 03 06 12:08 pm Link

Photographer

NC Image Zone

Thanks a lot

May 03 06 06:17 pm Link

Photographer

Sidney Etienne

Brooklyn, New York, US

Ever heard of the option "save for web"?

Take a really high res file, go to image size and shange the pixel size to lets say 600 px in width while maintaining resolution at 300 dpi. then click the 'save for web' option under the file menu and you can save it at the maximum jpeg setting or png or gifor whatever else you'd like.

if done properly, you'll get chrystal clear images

May 04 06 10:43 am Link

Photographer

Fred Brown Photo

Chicago, Illinois, US

SE Photo wrote:
Ever heard of the option "save for web"?

Take a really high res file, go to image size and shange the pixel size to lets say 600 px in width while maintaining resolution at 300 dpi.

300dpi is for print production. Sharpness isn't directly related to dpi as it is to the  quality of the file. 72 dpi is all you need for screen presentation although some perfer 96 dpi.

May 04 06 01:57 pm Link