Forums > General Industry > Virginia agencies

Model

AdamBGarrett

Hampton, Virginia, US

Which VA agencies are the best?
I've heard that they're mostly pretty bad in VA, but which agencies are decent and above others? I'm going back to VA for the summer in the next week and will spend most of the summer near Norfolk, Richmond, and Williamsburg. Anyone have any agencies that they would definitely NOT recommend?
I've also heard that it's better to not even use an agency when in VA. How can you do this and really make any money?

May 02 06 10:21 pm Link

Model

Jade Jorarni

There are talent agencies, modeling schools and casting agents here in VA for people to be represented by. But as far as I know most of the agencies in VA with commercial work are in the DC area like Modelogic/Whilemina. You're stuck in the middle so it's not too bad in the fact the you don't have to travel far to find a good market, but directly here there doesn't seem to be but so much work.

May 02 06 10:58 pm Link

Model

Jade Jorarni

What brings you to Virgina for the summer?

*edit* nevermind just read your profile...says you're from here... go figure.

May 02 06 11:00 pm Link

Model

Charisse D

Staunton, Virginia, US

Modelogic/Wilhelmina is in Richmond and is pretty much the way to go in this area. If you are into acting as well there are some agencies in the Tidewater area that you can also check out as all of these agencies are non-exclusive. Check out Zarro entertainment website for more references.

May 02 06 11:29 pm Link

Model

Jade Jorarni

I would definitely NOT recomend the Barone Agency:
https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=45335

May 02 06 11:52 pm Link

Model

AdamBGarrett

Hampton, Virginia, US

Thanks a bunch, anybody else have any experience or knowledge of any VA agencies? I know from my brother's experience that Wright is wrong!

May 04 06 11:12 pm Link

Photographer

lnguyen7

Alexandria, Virginia, US

Adam,

If you want to go a little  further and you have a model's stats, try The Arstist Agency in Washington DC (Georgetown):

http://www.theartistagency.com

They rep men and women.

Long

May 05 06 09:00 am Link

Model

shellyradley

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland

OMG i have no idea where my brain is these days i thought the title said vagina agencies

oh gosh!!

May 05 06 09:06 am Link

Photographer

Fotticelli

Rockville, Maryland, US

shelly1982 wrote:
OMG i have no idea where my brain is these days i thought the title said vagina agencies

oh gosh!!

Long knows all about those agencies too. Long?

May 05 06 09:08 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

shelly1982 wrote:

oh gosh!!

That's Eve Ensler's next project.

May 05 06 09:08 am Link

Model

NAT

Huntington, Virginia, US

shelly1982 wrote:

oh gosh!!

lol

May 05 06 10:03 am Link