Forums > General Industry > Flaky Models? Ha! How About Flaky Photographers!

Model

Claire Elizabeth

Exton, Pennsylvania, US

I have worked with some great people. However, I have had 2 people in the past 2 weeks that take great pictures but were totally playing in left field.
The first photographer called me at 9:45 the morning of the shoot to tell me I was an hour late even though we were scheduled to start at 10. I told her this and she said oh well my clock must be wrong and hung up. Then the location we were to shoot at had not given her permission so she said we had to be "discrete".
The second photographer I had booked a shoot with had said it was ok for us to shoot on an upcoming holiday. When I tried to confirm it I was told he just realized it was a holiday even though we had already talked about this.
What is going on?

May 02 06 12:12 pm Link

Photographer

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, US

I resemble those remarks... about being flaky, that is!

jwm

May 02 06 12:14 pm Link

Photographer

T R Willmitch

Normal, Illinois, US

Hi,

Ummm...  Maybe all the flakey models have left those poor photographers addled.  Then again maybe not!

Take care,
Tom

May 02 06 12:15 pm Link

Photographer

STUDIOMONA PHOTOGRAPHY

Avon, Minnesota, US

you should work with me instead:)

Model

~*Isabel Aurora*~

Boca del Mar, Florida, US

Claire Elizabeth wrote:
The first photographer called me at 9:45 the morning of the shoot to tell me I was an hour late even though we were scheduled to start at 10.

you were late...if yall were scheduled to start at 10 you should have been there by 9

sorry but i just wanted to point that out smile no hard feelings

Model

Claire Elizabeth

Exton, Pennsylvania, US

T R Willmitch wrote:
Hi,

Ummm...  Maybe all the flakey models have left those poor photographers addled.  Then again maybe not!

Take care,
Tom

Youre probably right lol. Maybe flakiness is contagious and the models are spreading it!

Model

Rachel Dashae

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

I also have a photographer like that. He/She makes wonderful images,but is constantly late. Or changes her/his dates all the time,or cancels right at the last minute without a phonecall,or IM.

We have had things set up a week in advance,and then something would "happen",but would never give a definite answer on why we have to cancel.

So yeah. Been there,done that with one photographer so far. Hopefully I won't come across too much more.

May 02 06 12:16 pm Link

Model

~*Isabel Aurora*~

Boca del Mar, Florida, US

JMT Photography wrote:
I resemble those remarks... about being flaky, that is!

jwm

Jim I hardly would classify you as flaky wink

In fact, I would only classify you as one of the best, most professional, and most fun people to work with!!

*shameless ass-kissing*

see you on Sunday wink

May 02 06 12:16 pm Link

Model

Claire Elizabeth

Exton, Pennsylvania, US

CrazyIsabelAurora wrote:
you were late...if yall were scheduled to start at 10 you should have been there by 9

sorry but i just wanted to point that out smile no hard feelings

I was at the location waiting for her, who was still in bed. When she called she heard the car and thought I was still driving, but I was sitting at the location trying to stay warm!!

May 02 06 12:17 pm Link

Photographer

Dee

Toledo, Ohio, US

CrazyIsabelAurora wrote:

In fact, I would only classify you as one of the best, most professional, and most fun people to work with!!

*shameless ass-kissing*

see you on Sunday wink

WHAT ABOUT ME??? WHEN WILL YOU SEE ME?!?!?!?!?!?!

~runs out of the room crying and screaming!~

May 02 06 12:18 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

Yumemiru wrote:
We have had things set up a week in advance,and then something would "happen",but would never give a definite answer on why we have to cancel.

To me that is not a flake. A flake is someone who makes an appointment for a shoot and pulls a no show. To me if they call and cancel, regardless of the reason, I do not see that as being a flake, at least they called to cancel.

May 02 06 12:19 pm Link

Model

Claire Elizabeth

Exton, Pennsylvania, US

Glamour Boulevard wrote:

To me that is not a flake. A flake is someone who makes an appointment for a shoot and pulls a no show. To me if they call and cancel, regardless of the reason, I do not see that as being a flake, at least they called to cancel.

Yes at least you knew it was cancelled before you got there!

May 02 06 12:24 pm Link

Photographer

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, US

CrazyIsabelAurora wrote:

*shameless ass-kissing*

see you on Sunday wink

Now I'm both flaky, AND blushing!!

May 02 06 12:24 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Claire Elizabeth wrote:

Yes at least you knew it was cancelled before you got there!

Exactly!I have all my stuff packed and ready to go at all times so it is not like I have to prep a lot before each shoot. So if the shoot does not happen I am not really out any prep time and I don`t get annoyed.

May 02 06 12:28 pm Link

Model

Claire Elizabeth

Exton, Pennsylvania, US

Glamour Boulevard wrote:

Exactly!I have all my stuff packed and ready to go at all times so it is not like I have to prep a lot before each shoot. So if the shoot does not happen I am not really out any prep time and I don`t get annoyed.

You should come out to the east coast!!

May 02 06 12:29 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Claire Elizabeth wrote:

You should come out to the east coast!!

I was about to tell YOU to come WEST! How eerie smile

I would love to work with you.

May 02 06 12:31 pm Link

Model

Claire Elizabeth

Exton, Pennsylvania, US

I am supposed to be in Cali in July. What part are you in?

May 02 06 12:33 pm Link

Photographer

Dee

Toledo, Ohio, US

Claire Elizabeth wrote:

You gonna be in OHIO anytime soon???

May 02 06 12:34 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Claire Elizabeth wrote:

I am a few minutes west of Sacramento.

May 02 06 12:34 pm Link

Model

Claire Elizabeth

Exton, Pennsylvania, US

Dee wrote:

You gonna be in OHIO anytime soon???

Actually I hadnt thought about it. I could definately do a weekend there. Anything is better than DE lol.

May 02 06 12:40 pm Link

Model

Claire Elizabeth

Exton, Pennsylvania, US

Gotta love this flake-free thread here!!

May 02 06 12:41 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Claire Elizabeth wrote:
Gotta love this flake-free thread here!!

-looks at the dandurff trail on the floor- I dunno,,,,,,,,,SOMEone in here is flaky

May 02 06 12:42 pm Link

Photographer

BCI Photo

Indianapolis, Indiana, US

Not everyone is into detail, preperation and planning.

May 02 06 12:45 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

BCI Photo wrote:
Not everyone is into detail, preperation and planning.

How can you do a shoot without those things in one way or another being involved?

May 02 06 12:46 pm Link

Photographer

DanPhoto

Tampa, Florida, US

Claire Elizabeth wrote:
I have worked with some great people. However, I have had 2 people in the past 2 weeks that take great pictures but were totally playing in left field.
The first photographer called me at 9:45 the morning of the shoot to tell me I was an hour late even though we were scheduled to start at 10. I told her this and she said oh well my clock must be wrong and hung up. Then the location we were to shoot at had not given her permission so she said we had to be "discrete".
The second photographer I had booked a shoot with had said it was ok for us to shoot on an upcoming holiday. When I tried to confirm it I was told he just realized it was a holiday even though we had already talked about this.
What is going on?

It seems like you did not follow your own advice. Did you check these people out refference and so forth. I must say they seem like they are WANNA-BE .

Like all apples there is always a few with a worm in them, unfortunately you found 2 of them.

May 02 06 12:48 pm Link

Model

Claire Elizabeth

Exton, Pennsylvania, US

DanPhoto wrote:

It seems like you did not follow your own advice. Did you check these people out refference and so forth. I must say they seem like they are WANNA-BE .

Like all apples there is always a few with a worm in them, unfortunately you found 2 of them.

I got all the details and asked all of the questions, checked refs, etc. The pictures turned out great. I just dont understand why all the lights werent on upstairs lol.

May 02 06 12:49 pm Link

Photographer

BCI Photo

Glamour Boulevard wrote:

How can you do a shoot without those things in one way or another being involved?

*shrugs shoulders*

I don't know. I'm always on point.

May 02 06 12:52 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

BCI Photo wrote:

*shrugs shoulders*

I don't know. I'm always on point.

Part of being a good photographer IS paying attention to detail. I do not see how you can do photography without that or the other two things.

May 02 06 12:54 pm Link

Photographer

BCI Photo

Glamour Boulevard wrote:

Part of being a good photographer IS paying attention to detail. I do not see how you can do photography without that or the other two things.

Me either. Some people just aren't like that.
It's like that waitress that doesn't stop by your table enough to refill your drink, or the cashier that's on the cell phone yacking away with her boyfriend/girlfriend/whatever and just totally ignoring you.

May 02 06 01:27 pm Link

Model

Tikeya

Edgewood, Maryland, US

BCI Photo wrote:
It's like that cashier that's on the cell phone yacking away with her boyfriend/girlfriend/whatever and just totally ignoring you.

Yeah, that's a pain in the a$$!  1) Your boyfriend/girlfriend shouldn't be calling you at work anyway (unless it's an emergency)...2) I'm not standing here in line because I like to look at you...I got things to do, so do what you're getting paid to do if you plan on keeping your job.

Okay, back to the subject... smile

May 02 06 09:58 pm Link