Forums > General Industry > My clothed images must SUCK!

Photographer

Timeless Photos

Peterborough, New Hampshire, US

https://img4.modelmayhem.com/060429/20/4454154109391.jpg
It always amazes me how often people complain about nudity on the site but the truth of the matter is virtually nobody looks at my clothed images. Is this hypocritical or do my clothed images just suck?

Apr 29 06 09:34 pm Link

Photographer

Photos2amaze

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Ever noticed how much quicker a nude gets a showcase???

Apr 29 06 09:36 pm Link

Photographer

Timeless Photos

Photos2amaze wrote:
Ever noticed how much quicker a nude gets a showcase???

It seems less appearant at OMP. I have twelve Showcases there; half clothed, half not. I'm OK with that.

Apr 29 06 09:43 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Heaps

Austin, Texas, US

Timeless Photos wrote:
It always amazes me how often people complain about nudity on the site but the truth of the matter is virtually nobody looks at my clothed images. Is this hypocritical or do my clothed images just suck?

do you think everyone looking at pics on here are really photographers, or people into the art of photography.  I doubt it.  It's part of the reason I don't have nudes in my profile...I just don't think it's fair to the model, if someone at a gig wants to see some, I can supply but not publically letting some GWC's and other skinverts just take advantage of our models...

Mark

Apr 29 06 09:53 pm Link

Model

AnToNiA BaKaLoVa

Atlanta, Georgia, US

do you think everyone looking at pics on here are really photographers, or people into the art of photography.  I doubt it.  It's part of the reason I don't have nudes in my profile...I just don't think it's fair to the model, if someone at a gig wants to see some, I can supply but not publically letting some GWC's and other skinverts just take advantage of our models...

Mark

Mark, you're so smart smile Great thinking, I agree.
By the way, I always forget what a GWC is...

Apr 29 06 10:02 pm Link

Photographer

jon mmmayhem

Philadelphia, Mississippi, US

curiously enough, the two 18+ images i have in my portfolio here are not the ones with the highest views. maybe they're just not scandalous enough in the thumbnails to get the attention of the perverts.

the pictures with the highest views, though, do show a lot of skin, either in lingerie or barely covered with stuffed animals.

Apr 29 06 10:04 pm Link

Photographer

Timeless Photos

♠ Don't get me wrong. I LOVE my nude images and am very proud of both them AND the models... but I am just as fond of my CLOTHED images! ♠

Apr 29 06 10:14 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher b Smyth

Airdrie, Alberta, Canada

Your images DO NOT suck be clothed or nude. The real models, photographers etc on here will let you know that. the rest are most probably guys who just want to look at naked women.

Apr 30 06 08:14 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher b Smyth

Airdrie, Alberta, Canada

Mark Heaps wrote:

Mark

So true

Apr 30 06 08:15 pm Link

Photographer

Timeless Photos

Christopher b Smyth wrote:
Your images DO NOT suck be clothed or nude. The real models, photographers etc on here will let you know that. the rest are most probably guys who just want to look at naked women.

You are probably right... I guess I was just hoping you weren't! wink

Apr 30 06 08:39 pm Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

Part of the problem is that photos here are open to the public-- I am positive there are tons of random non-members who come here for wank material.  (Shrug.)

May 01 06 12:55 am Link

Photographer

Timeless Photos

Josie Nutter wrote:
Part of the problem is that photos here are open to the public-- I am positive there are tons of random non-members who come here for wank material.  (Shrug.)

Too bad we couldn't have our images self destruct when downloaded! wink

May 01 06 01:06 am Link

Photographer

Mikell

San Francisco, California, US

The majority of my work (with models) has been nudes, I only have one posted here. it does seem to get a lot of hits
checking back the implied nude as more but it's been posted longer

May 01 06 01:12 am Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

You guys do realize that views has next to nothing to do with how many times one of your pics have been looked at?  Most people on here don't look past the thumbnails.. I mean in that sense it makes sense that the boobie hounds are doing more clicky..  Nipples are tiny little things that must be enlarged to their fullest extent to be properly appreciated..

But really, none of you have a clue how many hits you are/aren't getting..

Experiement:  Go to the crit section.. Ask for a crit..  Nude or non-nude.. I don't care..  Get a couple of dozen people to "critique" your work..

See if your hit count goes up more than 5 or 6..

Unless there's something in the thumbnail intriguing but too small to see, folks just aren't gonna clicky..

You want clicky.. Add nipples..

Or.. Promise a prize for the first 10 people to figure out where Waldo is..

It's silly to worry about hit count..  It's not telling the real story..

Hell, I got two compliments in email for a pic that only had 5 hits...

AND I WAS 4 OF THEM!

May 01 06 02:24 am Link

Photographer

Fluffytek

Timeless Photos wrote:

You have a nice port. I would say that in my opinion the two with the green dress are the weakest. They seem just a little too ... cluttered, I know thats not a very descriptive word for what I'm looking for but the green of the dress kind of merges in the background of the thumb so my eyes tend to pass over it. Cocktail hour is the best clothed, it has a cleaner look.

Maybe you need to balance with more clothed, then they might get the views you want.

May 01 06 03:03 am Link

Photographer

Analog Nomad

Pattaya, Central, Thailand

The thing is, all those clicks on nekkid wymyn pix are worthless -- they're just random people cruising through looking for skin, and the fact that they've looked at your port means absolutely nothing.

May 01 06 10:34 am Link

Photographer

Analog Nomad

Pattaya, Central, Thailand

The thing is, all those clicks on nekkid wymyn pix are worthless -- they're just random people cruising through looking for skin, and the fact that they've looked at your port means absolutely nothing.

May 01 06 10:35 am Link

Photographer

BCI Photo

Indianapolis, Indiana, US

My nude and glamour shot have the most views behind my main image.

*shrugs shoulders*

May 01 06 10:38 am Link

Photographer

phcorcoran

Lawrence, Indiana, US

My one Model Mayhem portfolio picture of a bottomless model has gotten the most views, and I suspect people are looking at it with a magnifying glass.  But that doesn't surprise or disappoint me, it is exactly the reason I put nudes into my portfolio in the first place.  I believe it is also the reason my models choose to work nude: it gets them higher pay and more work.

May 01 06 10:40 am Link

Photographer

LS Studios Photography

RESEDA, California, US

I started out being hired to shoot lots of nudes. Now I look forward to shooting Fashion. I enjoy it much more then shooting nudes. I agree that more offten then not people look at nudes, but I like to get them to WANT to look at my clothed shots over my nudes. That's just my two cents.

May 01 06 10:55 am Link

Photographer

Chi - Rue99 Photography

San Francisco, California, US

Personally, I find your nude shots more interesting than the clothed shots because the clothed shots use similar facial expressions, poses, and backgrounds as the nude shots. That doesn't give much punch to the clothed photos because other elements need to take up the loss of boobies.

The clothed photos need to convey the feeling or story though the pose, facial expression, and background, whereas nudes are interesting because - they're nude.

May 01 06 12:01 pm Link

Photographer

Divo Models

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Timeless Photos wrote:

I'm sure people look at the clothed photographs, but 13 year old guys surfing the net are gonna click on the nudies ones first... wink

May 01 06 12:34 pm Link