Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Adhering feathers to flesh..AND HAIR -___-

Model

Kassandra

Coram, New York, US

https://www.voguehost.com/ims/u/Kassandra/Webshots/ravenfeathers.jpg(ignore the dots, referance for glueing stuff LoL)

So, today i was messing around with trying to get a fun style for my new shoot and i ended up attacking feathers with some basting glue,iron and some fabric to make one long line of feathers. Problem is, when i place them under the lip of my corset it keeps them in place... but the middle and upper portions tend to fly around too much . Would spirit gum dotted just on the middle portions help keep things in place a bit more?Also, do u guys think it will rip at the feathers when i try and take it off?

Also, incase i have to put some bra like item or even eletrical tape over my breasts incase of a wardrobe malfunction that would blind the photographer, how wouldi go about keeping the feathers a lil more in place with something under it?

My second question is i have some matching feathers that are loose in a bag and i was thinking it would be kewl to layer them in my hiar.. but i wasnt sure what would be a quick and mildly efficient way to do this?

Any suggestions?

Apr 28 06 09:37 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Stephen Bates

Orlando, Florida, US

eyelash glue, or liquid latex

also wig tape (double sided) could work to keep them laying flat

its hard to say without being there.

i would try a piece of piping lay'd across the top of the line of feathers where they meet the garment.  design it to look like part of the garment.  this would push them towards the body. glue and tape will wreck the feathers over time.

Apr 28 06 10:22 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Katalina Daer

Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa

Kassandra wrote:
https://www.voguehost.com/ims/u/Kassandra/Webshots/ravenfeathers.jpg(ignore the dots, referance for glueing stuff LoL)

So, today i was messing around with trying to get a fun style for my new shoot and i ended up attacking feathers with some basting glue,iron and some fabric to make one long line of feathers. Problem is, when i place them under the lip of my corset it keeps them in place... but the middle and upper portions tend to fly around too much . Would spirit gum dotted just on the middle portions help keep things in place a bit more?Also, do u guys think it will rip at the feathers when i try and take it off?

Also, incase i have to put some bra like item or even eletrical tape over my breasts incase of a wardrobe malfunction that would blind the photographer, how wouldi go about keeping the feathers a lil more in place with something under it?

My second question is i have some matching feathers that are loose in a bag and i was thinking it would be kewl to layer them in my hiar.. but i wasnt sure what would be a quick and mildly efficient way to do this?

Any suggestions?

have you though of using Vasoline? paint it on, the feathers may stay in place. or alternatively, clear glue gum?

Apr 28 06 11:26 pm Link