Forums > General Industry > Atlanta agencies

Model

That name is taken

BALLOUVILLE, Connecticut, US

I've searched the forums for "Atlanta agencies" and haven't come up with any...so now I'm asking for your help!  Do any of you know who is the best agency to contact? I have tried sending Arlene Wilson emails to find out if they have open calls but I keep getting a message that her inbox is full.  I really want to be represented, so any comments are appreciated!
*~Bethany

Apr 28 06 02:58 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Garrett

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Click, Elite, and AW are three of the most well known.

Click Models of Atlanta, Inc.
84 Peachtree Street
Ste. 400
Atlanta, GA 30303
Phone (404) 688-9700
http://www.clickmodel.com/contact_us.html

Elite Model Management
(404) 872-7444
1708 Peachtree Suite 210
Atlanta, GA 30309
http://www.eliteatlanta.com/
They have open calls every Wednesday @ 3:15

Arlene Wilson Inc
(404) 876-8555
887 West Marietta St #N-101
Atlanta, GA 30318
http://www.arlenewilson.com

Here's a list of others.
http://www.atlantamoms.com/HTML/modelta … ncies.html

Call me when they want to see a comp card and/or headshot.  wink

Apr 28 06 04:04 pm Link

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Those are about the only 3. Have you tried calling arlene wilson?

Apr 28 06 04:09 pm Link

Model

That name is taken

BALLOUVILLE, Connecticut, US

Thanks guys smile

Apr 28 06 04:19 pm Link

Model

AnToNiA BaKaLoVa

Atlanta, Georgia, US

hey! yes, Click, Elite and Arlene Wislon are rpetty much the best. AW I think has open calls only for ages 16 and under. Elite has open calls every Wednesday, I'm planning on going as soon as I get more shots. Good  luck!

Apr 28 06 04:22 pm Link

Photographer

images by elahi

Atlanta, Georgia, US

there are several more actually

May 02 06 10:08 pm Link

Model

Christie_Marie

Fayetteville, Arkansas, US

Click is no longer on Peachtree Street. Their new address is:

110 Marietta Street, NW
2nd Floor
Atlanta, GA 30303
Contact(s): Jennifer or Mark

May 03 06 12:07 am Link

Model

Dara_w

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Brandon Lewis of Click is actually very pleasant. He's honest but not mean. I'd suggest him. Arlene Wilson does "open call" by appt  only.

May 03 06 12:18 am Link

Photographer

Doug Lester

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Here's a few:

ATLANTA MODELS & TALENT               

Click Models                                             

THE HOUGHTON AGENCY                       

L'AGENCE MODELS (mostly fashion)                               

Arlene Wilson Model Mgmt                                                 

Elite Model Mgmt               

Note however, many if not most agencies will not respond to email questions, that's why the inbox is always full. Best approaches are to call and ask for info and snail mail a short, less than one page letter about yourself with you stats, contct infom etc and 2 or 3 good photos, including a full face shot and a ful length shot (you will probably not get them back!). Some agencies no longer longer offer open calls and will reply to a letter only if interested in you.

May 03 06 10:27 am Link

Photographer

Rich Meade

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Doug Lester wrote:
Here's a few:

ATLANTA MODELS & TALENT               

Click Models                                             

THE HOUGHTON AGENCY                       

L'AGENCE MODELS (mostly fashion)                               

Arlene Wilson Model Mgmt                                                 

Elite Model Mgmt               

Note however, many if not most agencies will not respond to email questions, that's why the inbox is always full. Best approaches are to call and ask for info and snail mail a short, less than one page letter about yourself with you stats, contct infom etc and 2 or 3 good photos, including a full face shot and a ful length shot (you will probably not get them back!). Some agencies no longer longer offer open calls and will reply to a letter only if interested in you.

ok...Here is the 411

There are only 3 worthy agencies in ATL   Click, Elite, and AW

L'agence no longer existst... all their models went to Elite
Atlanta models and talent...  is a promo agency..(car models etc.)
Haughton... never heard of them....

I test for both Click and Elite...   

If you are interested in shooting...send me a line...  feel free to call the agencies and check references.

May 03 06 07:52 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

AnToNiA BaKaLoVa wrote:
I'm planning on going as soon as I get more shots.

Why?

We've had this conversation before.  Elite doesn't want you to get "more shots".  They just want to see you.  More shots won't help.  At most they are a security blanket, and the wrong shots could hurt you, not help.  You ought to stop wasting time and effort and go to the open calls now.

If Elite likes you they will tell you to get  more shots.  But they will tell you the kind they want, and who can shoot it.

May 03 06 09:02 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Lester

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Rich Meade wrote:

ok...Here is the 411

There are only 3 worthy agencies in ATL   Click, Elite, and AW

L'agence no longer existst... all their models went to Elite
Atlanta models and talent...  is a promo agency..(car models etc.)
Haughton... never heard of them....

I test for both Click and Elite...   

If you are interested in shooting...send me a line...  feel free to call the agencies and check references.

Sorry but before I retired from commercial shooting, I worked with models from all of the agencies I mentioned. I'm not surprised if L'Agence is gone, they were a struggling fashion agency in a commercial market. Houghton is at 404/683-9454. I don't know what they have become, but some years ago they were very legitimate nd provided models for several of my assignments. By saying there are only 3 "worthy agencies" in Atlanta, perhaps you should expand your horizons a bit more. For example, Atlanta Models and Talent has been around for 40 or 50 years and is arguably the largest in the area. Certainly they handle promo  events and models, along with magicians, musicians and actors, as well as commercial models. Perhaps you are unaware of them because they generally decline to work with beginners. Beatr in mind, within the 'industry', Atlanta has often been called "catalog city"; that requires more than three model agencies

No, I did not normally test for any of the agencies, though I did as a favor on occasion, generally I worked with their models on commercial assignments. While I can not vouch for any of these, here is a list of additional Atlanta area agencies. Google can be a novice model's best friend, as long as you check them out carefullly; http://www.atlantamoms.com/HTML/modelta … ncies.html

May 03 06 09:38 pm Link

Model

Gida

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Real People, contact Towanna 404-350-4145

May 03 06 09:41 pm Link

Photographer

Fred Brown Photo

Chicago, Illinois, US

AnToNiA BaKaLoVa wrote:
hey! yes, Click, Elite and Arlene Wislon are rpetty much the best. AW I think has open calls only for ages 16 and under. Elite has open calls every Wednesday, I'm planning on going as soon as I get more shots. Good  luck!

You don't need shots for an open call. You just have to look good, marketable and like a girl that can be transformed into a model. They either like what they see or they don't.

Open calls are not interviews. Imagine this. A room with 40 girls in it. Someone walks in, points and says, you and you, the rest of you can leave. Or, they say, everyone can leave now.

Pictures needed will come after you get representation.

May 04 06 10:26 am Link

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Doug Lester wrote:
Atlanta Models and Talent has been around for 40 or 50 years and is arguably the largest in the area. Certainly they handle promo  events and models, along with magicians, musicians and actors, as well as commercial models. Perhaps you are unaware of them because they generally decline to work with beginners.

Is atlanta Models and Talent the one near Lennox Mall in one of those tall twin buildings? I went there a year ago and walked into a room where they were having a modeling class. Had the interview, was immedietly accepted and asked to make a small deposit of $800 to begin the class then I would start doing "promotional" work??? Maybe it was another agency. I forget.

Plus, the lady said I looked like a girl with a "mysterious ethnicity" She was like you could go both ways: black or indian. Tottally weird chick

May 04 06 11:53 am Link

Photographer

images by elahi

Atlanta, Georgia, US

AMT legit
People Store legit
Houghton legit

May 04 06 11:58 am Link

Model

Angelus

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Fred Brown wrote:
You don't need shots for an open call.

Actually for Elite, you do. Snap shots for new models and a snap shot plus book or comp card for experienced models. If you don't have ts, Vicky will tell you to come back next week with them.

Neither Click nor Arline Wilson have opencalls. You can stop by Arline Wilson anytime...but it's best to mail in unless you have a currently needed look. Click will only let you submit through mail.

May 04 06 01:50 pm Link