Forums > General Industry > Why are models and photographer so flakey?

Photographer

georgevp

Seattle, Washington, US

In my experience the flakey factor is based on people who really don't know each other. I've found more flakey people online than people I meet in person. This is why a initial meeting is so important because no matter how much messages you send you cannot really know someone until you meet them in person.

Many online models want me to cast them into something but since I really don't know them very well I would rather just meet with them or do a simple model test before we really get into specify staged shoot.

Apr 28 06 01:58 pm Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/nakedkatie2000/Smiley/emot-tizzy.gif
aarrrghghhhghhghghhggg

Apr 28 06 03:23 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

El Segundo, California, US

georgevp wrote:
In my experience the flakey factor is based on people who really don't each other.

Who don't what each other?

Apr 28 06 03:43 pm Link

Photographer

Photos2amaze

Atlanta, Georgia, US

It always will happen more online, especially with people that you dont know.  Not a big deal to blow off a stranger is the mindset I think in many ways.  Less likely to happen to someone you are aquainted with. 

18-24 is the age range that will flake most often.

Apr 28 06 03:47 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

georgevp wrote:
In my experience the flakey factor is based on people who really don't each other. I've found more flakey people online than people I meet in person. This is why a initial meeting is so important because no matter how much messages you send you cannot really know someone until you meet them in person.

Many online models want me to cast them into something but since I really don't know them very well I would rather just meet with them or do a simple model test before we really get into specify staged shoot.

Too many grammatical errors in your post to count, along with incomplete sentence structure and thought, and you're calling other people flakey.

Apr 28 06 03:52 pm Link

Model

NAT

Huntington, Virginia, US

georgevp wrote:
you cannot really know someone until you meet them in person.

Nope,,,this is too generalized ...I've meet with photographers before and I still dont know them.

Apr 28 06 04:16 pm Link

Photographer

georgevp

Seattle, Washington, US

Bob Randall Photography wrote:
Too many grammatical errors in your post to count, along with incomplete sentence structure and thought, and you're calling other people flakey.

I know I don’t write great and writing has always plagued me since I have too many learning disabilities to count. I wish English were as easy to learn as photography.

Apr 28 06 04:22 pm Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

Haven't we beaten this into the ground enough?

Apr 28 06 07:24 pm Link

Model

-Katrina-

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

No....we havnt...currently the issue is hovering above the ground...we must continue to stomp until it is well below 6ft under...

actually, ive only been on here for like, 2 months and im already sick of hearing this...

face it, flaky ppl exist, a LOT of flaky ppl exist, get over it, move on

Apr 28 06 07:55 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

El Segundo, California, US

-Katrina- wrote:
No....we havnt...currently the issue is hovering above the ground...we must continue to stomp until it is well below 6ft under...

Well, if you stomp on it, add butter, sprinkle with flour,  stomp some more, and repeat, you can get some really flakey crusts.....

Dunno if it works for photographers, models, or dead horses, though. smile

Apr 28 06 09:42 pm Link