Forums > General Industry > Your input plz!

Model

NAT

Huntington, Virginia, US

What would you do if you worked with a Photographer a month ago, and it was TFCD...actually he/she said they would just email you some images when they were finished editing in a (week) You were patience and was cool with the situation and tried not  be a pest and contacted him/her only to give your email address. then a week after that you still havent heard from him/her after sending him your email address?....Then when He/she finially answered you he/she was like I was busy and havent edited the images yet . Dont you thing she need to get a message letting her know this was the case in the first place?

Do you think that model deserved to be treated in that way ...no emails, no message?..nothing! and its been a month ?

Apr 27 06 08:58 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 27 06 09:01 pm Link

Model

NAT

Huntington, Virginia, US

^ ohhh thanks alot

Apr 27 06 09:03 pm Link

Photographer

Marcus J. Ranum

MORRISDALE, Pennsylvania, US

I think you're right to complain when someone doesn't do something they said they would. But not to us. It's not that we don't care - but - we can't help you.

So don't spend your time asking for our sympathy. Either go kick his door down or learn your lesson and move on.

mjr.

Apr 27 06 09:03 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

honestly Nat this is about the bazzilionth "i didnt get my TFP pics" post...

Apr 27 06 09:06 pm Link

Photographer

Marcus J. Ranum

MORRISDALE, Pennsylvania, US

Doug Swinskey wrote:
honestly Nat this is about the bazzilionth "i didnt get my TFP pics" post...

Yeah, but she probably doesn't know that - obviously it's a new experience to her.

But, still, I don't get it when someone posts stuff like this to an internet forum. What are the readers supposed to do? It's not like we're gonna all go down there and kick the guy's ass or anything. I suppose we could all post a big "awwwwwwwwww" of sympathy - but that's not going to help.

I guess in a few more years kids will be in the back seat of a long car trip posting to forum boards, "MY SISTER IS ON MY SIDE OF THE BACK SEAT!!! WHAT SHOULD I DO!?"

mjr.

Apr 27 06 09:08 pm Link

Model

NAT

Huntington, Virginia, US

Marcus J. Ranum wrote:
But, still, I don't get it when someone posts stuff like this to an internet forum. What are the readers supposed to do? It's not like we're gonna all go down there and kick the guy's ass or anything. I suppose we could all post a big "awwwwwwwwww" of sympathy - but that's not going to help.

I guess in a few more years kids will be in the back seat of a long car trip posting to forum boards, "MY SISTER IS ON MY SIDE OF THE BACK SEAT!!! WHAT SHOULD I DO!?"

mjr.

Its an open forum, Mmers should be free to ask what ever it is they want.

Thanks for you opinion .

Apr 27 06 09:12 pm Link

Photographer

Aperture Photographics

Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Nat wrote:
What would you do if you worked with a Photographer a month ago, and it was TFCD...actually he/she said they would just email you some images when they were finished editing in a (week) You were patience and was cool with the situation and tried not  be a pest and contacted him/her only to give your email address. then a week after that you still havent heard from him/her after sending him your email address?....Then when He/she finially answered you he/she was like I was busy and havent edited the images yet . Dont you thing she need to get a message letting her know this was the case in the first place?

Do you think that model deserved to be treated in that way ...no emails, no message?..nothing! and its been a month ?

Well, to answer your questions, NO, it's not fair and NO, the model didn't deserve to be treated that way.  A good photographer/person/businessperson will come thru on their promises, or if they can't, will communicate to their client (the model) that they can't and give some options.

That's all I got.  I don't know how to fix things like this because I don't run my business this way.  But I also wont' give you smartass replies.  You asked a question, you deserve a reply.

Apr 27 06 09:14 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

Marcus J. Ranum wrote:
I think you're right to complain when someone doesn't do something they said they would. But not to us. It's not that we don't care - but - we can't help you.

So don't spend your time asking for our sympathy. Either go kick his door down or learn your lesson and move on.

mjr.

Wow,  that was good.

Apr 27 06 09:26 pm Link

Model

Tikeya

Edgewood, Maryland, US

Doug Swinskey wrote:
this is about the bazzilionth "i didnt get my TFP pics" post...

True, but I don't think it was necessary to respond to her thread by saying "Zzzzzzz."  You could've just read what she had to say and moved on to the next post witout replying.  We're not always gonna check the search engine (to make sure there's not other similar threads) every time we wanna start a new thread.

Apr 28 06 08:24 am Link

Model

NC17

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Nat wrote:
Its an open forum, Mmers should be free to ask what ever it is they want.

Just because you're free to ask whatever you please doesn't make it a smart question, or one that is going to actually get productive answers. See the point?

What did you think people would be able to tell you?
Others have already said it, no its not right or fair, *Shrugs*
Keep trying to contact the photographer and hope that he was just really busy and was not the greatest at communicating.

Good luck.

Apr 28 06 08:50 am Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Tikeya wrote:

True, but I don't think it was necessary to respond to her thread by saying "Zzzzzzz."  You could've just read what she had to say and moved on to the next post witout replying.

i thought the snoring was funnier then ignoring the thread...

Apr 28 06 08:53 am Link

Photographer

Fluffytek

Nat wrote:

There is only one thing for it. Call in the Feds smile

https://bestsmileys.com/cops/7.gif

Apr 28 06 08:55 am Link

Photographer

Aperture Photographics

Doug Swinskey wrote:

i thought the snoring was funnier then ignoring the thread...

It wasn't funny.  It was rude.  Is this how you treat your models?

Apr 28 06 08:58 am Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Aperture Photographics wrote:

ahhh... i still think it was funny....

rude?..thats subjective...in my mind, rude would have included some derogatory comments...or maybe budding into someone elses business..

maybe she should have clarified what she was looking for, like:

"only sympathetic, input plz"

but she didn't...she threw out a cast net...

and if one of my models was complaining about not getting TFP images, well she'd probably get the same treatment for wasting her time with un-professionals.

Apr 28 06 09:49 am Link

Photographer

area291

Calabasas, California, US

Nat wrote:
What would you do if you worked with a Photographer a month ago, and it was TFCD...

Not getting images from a TFWhatever means one of two things from the non-delivery aspect:

Photographer:  I sucked
Model:  You sucked

Barter wasn't worth it, no images worthy of distribution.

Apr 28 06 09:55 am Link

Model

NAT

Huntington, Virginia, US

I thought it was rude..., but ah well, the world is filled with different people and some can be pretty blut ...I've learn to just ignore stuff like that..wink

Apr 28 06 10:50 am Link

Photographer

Aperture Photographics

Nat wrote:

I thought it was rude..., but ah well, the world is filled with different people and some can be pretty blut ...I've learn to just ignore stuff like that..wink

Yes, unfortunately, MM has more than it's share of rude and unprofessional photographers who think it's FUN to deride and chastise models for asking questions or asking for help or opinions or just saying that they don't wish to get naked for them.  It's really too bad.  Maybe they should start a "comedy" section in the forums.

Apr 28 06 11:15 am Link

Photographer

Mark Key Photography

HAVERTOWN, Pennsylvania, US

It's basic human nature to want to do things as quickly as possible and try to please people. It's basic human law that $hit happens and thing s get delayed. Maybe the photographer did give an unrealistic time frame initially. But who's to say something didn't happen, or he just gave an unrealistic date. From what I read in these forums, 4 weeks is about the norm for delivering edited images.

The other problem is perspective.... Models tend to think in dog years when it comes to getting images.. it seems like forever.   On the other hand, photographers wonder where the hell the entire day went and wish they had 4 hands to do all the work they need to do.

I just had an issue where I needed a model's input in order to finish editing an image. She never got back to me.... now she's giving me grief cuz she doesn't have her pics. Go figure!

Apr 28 06 11:27 am Link

Model

Shauna Carlo

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Nat wrote:

I do understand what the other posters are saying about people here not being able to help much.

A model has to protect herself if she's going about it on her own. I believe that all aspiring models going about it on their own need to at least think over having their own release. It's only fair. If a photographer doesn't give the model her pictures then the exchange of Time for Prints/CD is no more. The photographer gets the photos while the model gets nothing in situations such as this. Many will say it's free who cares? Well, as long as models don't take a stand this will only continue to happen as often as it does. For all anybody knows the photographer could be selling the photographs with or without permission and the model may never find out.

Apr 28 06 11:28 am Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Yes, unfortunately, MM has more than it's share of rude and unprofessional photographers who think it's FUN to deride and chastise models for asking questions or asking for help or opinions or just saying that they don't wish to get naked for them.  It's really too bad.  Maybe they should start a "comedy" section in the forums.

as cleverly as you have disguised you reponse to Nat, i am going to leap to the conclusion that you were addressing me.

so, i am not sure who or what you are, but i am positive in my observation that you take youself and this casual community....way to seriously..

Apr 28 06 11:42 am Link

Photographer

Aperture Photographics

Doug Swinskey wrote:

as cleverly as you have disguised you reponse to Nat, i am going to leap to the conclusion that you were addressing me.

so, i am not sure who or what you are, but i am positive in my observation that you take youself and this casual community....way to seriously..

all I'm saying is that I don't find any humour in making fun of models or other photographers.  if someone asks a question, they deserve a response.  if this were a comedy site or a comedy section of the forum, then that's different.

I'm sure you're a good photographer and you're not rude or insenstive to the models you work with.

Apr 28 06 12:14 pm Link

Model

NAT

Huntington, Virginia, US

I'm sure you're a good photographer and you're not rude or insenstive to the models you work with.

Maybe he just does like me..

well I know how not to ask a question here again.

Apr 28 06 12:35 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Nat wrote:

Maybe he just does like me..

actually i think your kinda cute..i looked at your profile and i looked at who you worked with (some good guys)...i think to myself..nat's not some noob/amatuer..yet she posted a noob/amatuer rant...

yeah its frustrating...not getting your images...but what was anybody gone do for you?...apply duress to the unammed photographer?...more likely you were looking for sympathy..and thats a normal human trait...but in the same token, i have never seen a landbased model complaining she didnt get her TFP images...

its the nature of the online world...you must know this by now.....

now im familiar with the way the modeling industry works, so i try to help where i can.....but after you see the same old rant ..time after time online..it gets old and it wastes the time of people that want to help...

Apr 28 06 12:44 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

and come on..the snoring was funny....

Apr 28 06 12:45 pm Link

Model

NAT

Huntington, Virginia, US

Doug Swinskey wrote:

actually i think your kinda cute..i looked at your profile and i looked at who you worked with (some good guys)...i think to myself..nat's not some noob/amatuer..yet she posted a noob/amatuer rant...

yeah its frustrating...not getting your images...but what was anybody gone do for you?...apply duress to the unammed photographer?...more likely you were looking for sympathy..and thats a normal human trait...but in the same token, i have never seen a landbased model complaining she didnt get her TFP images...

its the nature of the online world...you must know this by now.....

now im familiar with the way the modeling industry works, so i try to help where i can.....but after you see the same old rant ..time after time online..it gets old and it wastes the time of people that want to help...

lol  where in my question did I say it was me?...thanks for the insight and the compliment ....

I just really wanted to vent and thought I would of gotten some response that would of made me feel better about the situation, I've been pissed for a while now and I just dont understand why I am, when I've dealt with worst situations.

I know I'm not the only one who has gone through this situation and maybe I should of thought twice before writing a thread about it, I actually was thinking of getten it deleted lol...I felt so much better after typing it down tho...

Next time I'll type in as a blog or something on myspace wink

Apr 28 06 02:20 pm Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

When a photographer stops responding to email, I start calling them.  If that fails, I start snail-mailing them, and depending on how irritated I am with things, via registered mail to have proof of mailing/receipt.

But ultimately... a week is really fast.  I have waited YEARS for some of my images.  Which sucks, because then the images are usually too old for me to consider using in my portfolio.

Apr 29 06 02:00 pm Link