Forums > General Industry > A kicker question......

Model

Brandon Smith

San Diego, California, US

So here is one for everyone....

I'm collaborating on a project in which I'm going to be looking for someone to "play" my better half.  The subject matter could be considered controversial to say the least and I have an idea of what kind of person I'd like to take part in this shoot with me.  Did I mention that this person would have to be a guy?

The question is, any suggestions on how to word my request to male models so as to not potentially come off as offensive considering that I'd be, in more euphemistic terms, asking them to play gay?

Apr 27 06 07:10 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Generally a straightforward, professional, no-nonsense approach is the best.  If this is truly a professional venture, treat it as a professional would.  If it is a non-professional venture, at least treat it as though it were professional.  If you do any fancy footwork to avoid what the model will eventually find out anyway, you are just asking for problems.

Apr 27 06 07:14 pm Link

Model

Brandon Smith

TXPhotog wrote:
Generally a straightforward, professional, no-nonsense approach is the best.  If this is truly a professional venture, treat it as a professional would.  If it is a non-professional venture, at least treat it as though it were professional.  If you do any fancy footwork to avoid what the model will eventually find out anyway, you are just asking for problems.

I'd be asking them on a date... duh!  I'm only kidding.  100% professional...The key would be that yes, there would be some closeness involved and considering how touchy I've noticed some of the models on here can get..... Thanks for the response :-)

Apr 27 06 07:17 pm Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

Just be completely honest in you casting call.
say "looking for a male model to to photography series with as my "Husband/Partner""

Put up links to the photographer you guys will be working with and maybe even an image close to what you guys will be portraying in your shoot.

I need to do as shoot soon that has another model kissing my feet
You can't just spring that on someone last minute. wink

Apr 27 06 07:49 pm Link

Model

Brandon Smith

Iona Lynn wrote:
Just be completely honest in you casting call.
say "looking for a male model to to photography series with as my "Husband/Partner""

Put up links to the photographer you guys will be working with and maybe even an image close to what you guys will be portraying in your shoot.

I need to do as shoot soon that has another model kissing my feet
You can't just spring that on someone last minute. wink

Are they cute feet? hehe.....

Apr 27 06 07:51 pm Link