Forums > General Industry > I'm paying you. Act like you have some sense.

Model

Jessica_Rose

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Tony Lawrence wrote:
I admit I can be curt at times and I have a unique take
on things as many of you have noticed but I'm paying.  If I ask you to
give me a good time to call then do just that.  She also made a remark
about my calling from a blocked number.  Well I'm at a friends phone.
This is a general rant, hey many of the photographers here don't pay anything.  I'm offering money.  Its not a lot I admit, $25.00 per hour
$50.00 at most but its cash.  My hard earned cash.

I definitely understand you here.  Although we all would like to work with people we "like", when it comes to being paid, well, that's what it's about.  I'm sure several of us have worked jobs where we didn't like our bosses, but we sucked it up and went anyway because we are getting paid.  Of course, it's always nice to get along with the people we work with, but when there's money involved, it gives the payer a little more freedom.  I defintely understand, and I would have probably still woked with you although I have to admit I wouldn't be too comfortable with that message either.  I would have to pretend it didn't bother me because you are paying me.  apparantly, this model could not do this, so it probably is better for you anyway since you can tell in photos when the model is uncomfortable.

My advice when doing a paid shoot would be to keep the models comfort level in mind while still calling the shots.  Let her know exactly what you want and how you want it (unlike in a trade shoot when you might work together on ideas) but at the same time try not to offend her.  Keep her comfortable, and it'll ll go smoothly. smile

Apr 29 06 09:54 am Link

Model

Jessica_Rose

Atlanta, Georgia, US

SKPhoto wrote:
Wait until your older.  By that time you pretty much learn that almost everyone is an a**hole.  In one way or another.

HAHA! ain't that the truth!

Apr 29 06 09:56 am Link

Photographer

ChristerArt

Cambridge, England, United Kingdom

Dino Mangano wrote:
No offense dude, but the "I'm not calling back until you do" part was a bit rude.

Still got love for ya! smile

I don't think so - the rude part..=*^) - I would say the same - and do - I got better things to do with my time than to play tags on the phone - I think he was just informative - If they don't answer on *my* callback, I tell them here's my number - and leave several - if they don't call me back within 24 hrs - I write that model off..

Simple - no rudeness in that at all..

Apr 29 06 12:22 pm Link