Forums > General Industry > Has anyone ever heard of Millie Lewis...

Photographer

Kelly Sedivec-Ealy

Iowa City, Iowa, US

I have a model that has been contacted by them and need to know any and all info good or bad on them...thanks bunches...

Kelly Ealy

Apr 26 06 07:09 pm Link

Model

Lady Atropos

Toledo, Ohio, US

NEver heard of them...let me poke around online for info..,...

Hmm, this them? http://www.mlamtc.com/

Apr 26 06 07:12 pm Link

Photographer

Kelly Sedivec-Ealy

Iowa City, Iowa, US

Thanks, the web is www.mlamtc.com

but the question is they have asked for quite a large registration fee and was in question about that...the amount is 2500.00 plus they have to pay for there own travel expenses to go to Orlando and it seems a little off the wall ...

Let me know what ...

Apr 26 06 07:14 pm Link

Model

Lady Atropos

Toledo, Ohio, US

Photored wrote:
Thanks, the web is www.mlamtc.com

but the question is they have asked for quite a large registration fee and was in question about that...the amount is 2500.00 plus they have to pay for there own travel expenses to go to Orlando and it seems a little off the wall ...

Let me know what ...

Total scam. No lagit agency needs models to pay them. A lagit agency makes money by getting the model work and taking a percent of her work.

Do Doctors, Construction workers, etc have to pay for their jobs? No. Nor do models have to pay to work. Modeling is a JOB - you don't pay to work..you get paid.

Apr 26 06 07:16 pm Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Try THIS

Apr 26 06 07:18 pm Link

Model

Lady Atropos

Toledo, Ohio, US

Try this... http://www.easybackgroundcheck.com/millielewis.html

Scam info about these guys - they are ranked as a scam.

Apr 26 06 07:19 pm Link

Photographer

Eros Artist Photography

Green Cove Springs, Florida, US

They have a building here in Savannah - never seen anyone there - ever.

FWIW -

Bill Ballard
Blue Water Photography
Savannah, GA
[email protected]

Apr 26 06 07:25 pm Link

Photographer

Kelly Sedivec-Ealy

Iowa City, Iowa, US

Thanks guys ... I told this model from the get go and her mother that in no way should they have to pay anyone that much and still have to travel on top of it...but they did not believe me so I put this question up there for them to give them documented proof that I was right...now maybe they will believe me...

Thanks again...Kelly

Apr 26 06 09:59 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Lady Atropos wrote:
Total scam. No lagit agency needs models to pay them. A lagit agency makes money by getting the model work and taking a percent of her work.

It's not a scam, and it's not an agency.  That doesn't mean it's a good idea for her to do it, but can we at least make an attempt to understand what it is?

Here is a full discussion:  www.newmodels.com/searches.html

Apr 26 06 10:23 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Lady Atropos wrote:
Try this... http://www.easybackgroundcheck.com/millielewis.html

Scam info about these guys - they are ranked as a scam.

It would be really nice if people could speak from their own knowledge instead of quoting a half-baked muckraker site operated by someone who is not an industry professional.  That site has some good information on it, but also a lot of crap.  Most of the stuff written on model searches and conventions is crap - and it is picked up as "truth" by people who don't know any better.

Apr 26 06 10:26 pm Link

Model

Shauna Carlo

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Photored wrote:
I have a model that has been contacted by them and need to know any and all info good or bad on them...thanks bunches...

Kelly Ealy

They're a scam as they're misleading. They run a convention which in many cases some don't consider a scam but bad business. They also run a school so they're no different then Barbizon who works right next to IMTA. Stay away from it-it's junk.

Apr 27 06 10:12 am Link