Model

Meum Corculum

Medford, Oregon, US

I am new to doing my makeup and I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. What are the essential makeup necessities for photoshoots and in general with doing your own makeup?

I was curious if anyone could tell me what the best overthecounter makeup is to use and the best photoshoot quality makeup is?What is a good moisturizer to use? Best Acne Coverup? Undereye concealer?

I have MAC Studio Tech that I am currently using but the last time I used it my skin looked sorta blotchy from the makeup. Almost like the makeup dried my skin out or maybe my skin was already dried out but I dont know.

Apr 25 06 05:12 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Cristen Troop

Howell, New Jersey, US

LOL you better duck!!!! the masses are gonna get you!

Cristen
P.S. Hire a Makeup artist!

Apr 25 06 06:26 pm Link

Model

Meum Corculum

Medford, Oregon, US

LOL..Well I was just wondering in general because I would like to learn to do my own makeup better.

I have been thinking about hiring a Makeup artist also though!!

Cristen Troop wrote:
LOL you better duck!!!! the masses are gonna get you!

Cristen
P.S. Hire a Makeup artist!

Apr 25 06 10:10 pm Link

Hair Stylist

Schrlau

Philadelphia, Mississippi, US

I agree, hire a make-up artist.  Do it under the agreement that they will show you how to do your own better.

Apr 27 06 10:06 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Rayrayrose

Los Angeles, California, US

find a good makeup artist and invest in a couple lessons, maybe 2 one hours lessons and a shopping trip. It might set you back a little... but not nearly as much as going to make-up school and the advice will be tailored to you.

also, if you search within the forum and do some web research you can probably find the asnwers to your question amongst the stylist conversations.

Apr 28 06 02:05 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Candace Corey

Chicago, Illinois, US

One of the best things about doing a one on one makeup lesson with a makeup artist is that you get a lot of questions that you wouldn't even think that you needed to know answered because you are not getting "general" answers, you would be getting answers for you, your skin and the type of shooting that you will be doing.

Apr 30 06 01:35 am Link