Forums > General Industry > I hate those Impact Worldwide people...rant

Photographer

DANACOLE

Oslo, Oslo, Norway

I put up a casting call here and a few other (free) sites I am on.

One of thier so-called scouts or agents or whatever, emails me and asks if I would like my casting placed on thier site for no charge.
I said no thanks and left it at that. (since I know how hey charge people to view the castings)

So he then emails me back today and said " I placed your ad on the website for you and its pending as of now , but should be up shortly".
Now at this point I was mad.

So I send him one last email which said; "I said I didnt want it entered on your website. I said NO THANKS. I have found what I needed on my own.
I do not like how your company charges people $2-$5 to read a casting thats posted other places for free. This company should be shut down and all you fake scouts and agents should stop it.
So please take my casting down."

anyone else encounter this with them?? They find your casting on a free site and email you to post it???
I feel like I'd be cheating those silly folks who actually pay their little fee.

Apr 25 06 03:37 pm Link

Model

Amanda Padilla

New York, New York, US

There are so many scouts for this site, just finding anyone who wants to model. Also saying you must use there scouts ID to sign up. 

the site is just for money!

Apr 25 06 03:47 pm Link

Model

Jackalin

Holiday, Florida, US

dncphotos wrote:
I put up a casting call here and a few other (free) sites I am on.

One of thier so-called scouts or agents or whatever, emails me and asks if I would like my casting placed on thier site for no charge.
I said no thanks and left it at that. (since I know how hey charge people to view the castings)

So he then emails me back today and said " I placed your ad on the website for you and its pending as of now , but should be up shortly".
Now at this point I was mad.

So I send him one last email which said; "I said I didnt want it entered on your website. I said NO THANKS. I have found what I needed on my own.
I do not like how your company charges people $2-$5 to read a casting thats posted other places for free. This company should be shut down and all you fake scouts and agents should stop it.
So please take my casting down."

anyone else encounter this with them?? They find your casting on a free site and email you to post it???
I feel like I'd be cheating those silly folks who actually pay their little fee.

Oh, ya there scum bags!

Apr 25 06 03:55 pm Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

I have forwarded casting information that has come my way in the past.
I am deciding if I want to continue this practice on free sites where forums are open to the public.

This site is backwards in this approach.

Castings are seen by the public but there is no option for the public to post them if they are not members.   That should be fixed,  I would switch it.

Castings and travel not seen by the public but the public could some how through a screening process enter casting calls.

Apr 25 06 04:01 pm Link

Model

Claire Elizabeth

Exton, Pennsylvania, US

Models are not going to pay just to read a casting. I was asked to join their site but since you know nothing about a casting until you read it and pay for it I declined. Why pay for castings when OMP and MM have them?

Apr 25 06 04:03 pm Link

Photographer

DANACOLE

Oslo, Oslo, Norway

Claire Elizabeth wrote:
Models are not going to pay just to read a casting. I was asked to join their site but since you know nothing about a casting until you read it and pay for it I declined. Why pay for castings when omp and MM have them?

exactly, but you'd be surprised how many models and model wannabes they probably get to send them $3-$5 daily to get that Maxim or Playboy casting or any other castings they steal from others like they did mines....

Apr 25 06 04:09 pm Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

That is just stupid to pay for.

Heck I am on a permanent casting notice for playboy channel for free until I let the casting girl know I want to be taken off of her list. She contacted me about one project I didn't fit but I let her know to feel free to keep me informed of anything new and so she does.
Doesn't cost me a dime and it goes right into my in box.

Apr 25 06 04:18 pm Link

Model

Tikeya

Edgewood, Maryland, US

Wow, how many different e-mail addresses does Worldwide Headquarters use???  The other day I responded to a Craigslist ad titled 'Great Faces!', and I didn't realize Worldwide Headquarters was behind it, but lo and behold when I got a response it was from a screen name 'Pallasnomina' (I don't remember that screen name from before) of Worldwide Headquarters...the very same company we've been discussing on here...with the congratulations letter...telling me I gotta take pics of myself with a special camera they'll send...the $289 security deposit (oh, gimmie a break!) to "reserve" my position...lol.  ***SHAKING MY HEAD***

Apr 28 06 08:02 am Link