Forums > General Industry > Now that I have CS2

Photographer

George ephrem

Jacksonville, Florida, US

can anyone reccomend a particular website and maybe a book at the book store that would be good  for tutorials???
Something for the "feeble minded"
i have worked "ok" with PS7 and now with CS2  i want to try and improve my "workmanship"

Any help will be apreciated

Apr 25 06 12:48 pm Link

Photographer

MMDesign

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Go to lynda.com and sign up monthly for the video tutorials.

Apr 25 06 12:53 pm Link

Photographer

RoryFoto

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Hopefully you've looked at the Total Training movies that came with CS2.

There's many books, from using LAB for color correction and the like. Deke McClleland is great with Photoshop as well as David Blatner and Dan Margulis.

Hell, if you were here (Wisconsin), I could show you what I know in about 10 (years/days/minutes).

Are you trying to learn more about Photoshop only, or about the other apps as well?

Peace,

Rory
p.s. Crap, I better get back to work.
E-mail me for further discussion: [email protected] (place something related to MM in subject line)

Apr 25 06 12:55 pm Link

Model

Naomi Jay

New York, New York, US

Photoshop CS2 for Dummies

I looked at CS (one) and it was very user friendly!

Apr 25 06 12:59 pm Link

Photographer

Indochine

Los Angeles, California, US

George ephrem wrote:
can anyone reccomend a particular website and maybe a book at the book store that would be good  for tutorials???
i have worked "ok" with PS7 and now with CS2  i want to try and improve my "workmanship"

Can recommend a couple...

The Total Training COMPLETE series for CS2 with Deke McClelland. Deke's got an offbeat sense of humor but his understanding of Photoshop is tops.

Advances Training for Photoshop CS2 with Michael Ninness, which is a Lynda.com title. This guy is very straight forward and easier to listen to thanDeke.

Enhancing Digital Photography in Photoshop CS2 with Ted Tedasco, also part of the Lynda.com series.

All excellent.

Apr 25 06 01:02 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Apr 25 06 02:16 pm Link

Photographer

00siris

New York, New York, US

George ephrem wrote:

Totaltraining - pricey but THOROUGH

Apr 25 06 02:19 pm Link

Photographer

Stephen Dawson

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Apr 25 06 02:21 pm Link

Photographer

Tony Blei Photography

Seattle, Washington, US

Stephen Dawson wrote:
Scott Kelby's Book:

http://shop.scottkelbybooks.com/index.p … 33b8fa9406

https://shop.scottkelbybooks.com/images/medium/3D_cover_CS2_digital_photo_MED.png

I LOVE that book.

Apr 25 06 02:25 pm Link

Photographer

BlindMike

San Francisco, California, US

The books are a great way of figuring out functionality, but if you want to best improve your workmanship then work with the most amount of data possible. Huge advantage of going from PS7 to CS2 is that now you can do adjustment layers in 16 bit. To take advantage, either shoot raw with digital or scan at 16 bit with film. Watch your histograms so you don't spike, and play around with it to see how much more latitude CS2 will give you. Checking your histograms is an easy way of making sure your tones hold together. And if your workflow allows it, stick with AdobeRGB through the whole process to maintain your color gamut.

Apr 25 06 02:56 pm Link

Photographer

Spark Studios

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Actually the best I have seen is Adobe's Classroom in a book. I started off as a designer and that was our text learning it step by step. It is put out by Adobe so it is right on wink

Apr 25 06 03:07 pm Link