Forums > General Industry > KUDOS to all the talent on this site!

Makeup Artist

Kimberly Steward

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

I have seen some of the best images on MM.  I honestly believe that this site and the talent on it are better then any other model/fashion communities on the web.  KUDOS to everyone and their creative genuis!

Kimberly

Apr 24 06 08:54 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

There is some amazing work on this site.  Sometimes we get caught up in the stupid fora and forget to take in the gorgeous photos that our wonderful members make.

Apr 25 06 12:17 am Link

Makeup Artist

Kimberly Steward

I agree.  I was looking through the site the day I wrote this post and was blown away!  There are some truely talented individuals who take their work seriously.

Apr 26 06 10:36 am Link

Photographer

Cassandra Panek

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

a positive thread? somebody stop her, quick!

but seriously. you're right.

Apr 26 06 10:39 am Link

Photographer

Dee

Toledo, Ohio, US

Yes I totally agree...I spend many hours a week going through peoples work..I am a photo junky!!!

Apr 26 06 10:40 am Link

Photographer

Craig A McKenzie

Marine City, Michigan, US

Damn Double Post!!!Arggghhhhh!!!!

Apr 26 06 10:47 am Link

Photographer

Craig A McKenzie

Marine City, Michigan, US

Afterall it is a showcase.

"This is a website for models and photographers to post their pictures and network with each other.  Kind of like a portfolio website with a Friendster/Myspace feel to it."  ~Welcome to Model Mayhem (main page)

Nobody said that you had to be talented or driven to be here...

Apr 26 06 10:48 am Link

Model

Arthur's Town, Cat Island, Bahamas

Yup, I can't even begin to name the photographers on here who I'd die to work with. Awesome talent that many don't even realize they have!

Apr 26 06 10:48 am Link

Model

Phoenix E

i could not agree more.
and the thing that continually amazes me is the variety of talent here.....all genres and aspects of photography are fairly evenly represented....it's such a wonderful thing to see....

Apr 26 06 10:49 am Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

I wish there was a way.. And someone educate me if there is..  To view random samplings of the ports out here..

Half the reason I troll the message boards is to see what kind of work goes with what kind of mindset.. But often you get so wrapped up in the goofiness, or the bitterness, or the politically incorrectness that you forget to stop and click avatars and look through ports..

It'd be cool if there was a random, image page on the site..  (Preferrably not one based on popularity or anything else, but specifically about showing as many new different pics as possible).. And when one grabs you you could click it and go to that creator's port..

Of course the downside of that is I keep wanting to work with (or for) people so far away I'm never gonna meet them, but still..

Apr 26 06 11:01 am Link

Photographer

Dee

Toledo, Ohio, US

WG..they used to have that feature a while back...random photo and random porfolio!! I miss that!!

Dee

Apr 26 06 11:05 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

WG Rowland wrote:
I wish there was a way.. And someone educate me if there is..  To view random samplings of the ports out here..

It'd be cool if there was a random, image page on the site..  (Preferrably not one based on popularity or anything else, but specifically about showing as many new different pics as possible).. And when one grabs you you could click it and go to that creator's port..

We used to have "Random Profile Fun" and "Latest Upload" or so... I always enjoyed those samplings a lot.

Hope that we'll have those back up sometimes again.

Apr 26 06 11:05 am Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Good to know they're possibilities as features.. I'm just enough of a programmer to know introducing new ideas into an already busy system (like I'm sure the server for this place is), can be asking for trouble..

Apr 26 06 12:04 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Kimberly Steward

I hope they get that feature back as well.

Apr 27 06 09:25 am Link

Photographer

Nihilus

Nashville, Tennessee, US

WG Rowland wrote:
I wish there was a way.. And someone educate me if there is..  To view random samplings of the ports out here...

At least for the model side of things, Lapis' thread in 'Model Matters' worked rather well and had me looking at some ports I'd never seen before.

Apr 27 06 09:33 am Link

Photographer

00siris

New York, New York, US

Kimberly Steward wrote:
I have seen some of the best images on MM.  I honestly believe that this site and the talent on it are better then any other model/fashion communities on the web.  KUDOS to everyone and their creative genuis!

Kimberly

Thank you very much
- just kidding ...

I agree 100%

Apr 27 06 09:34 am Link

Makeup Artist

Kimberly Steward

00siris wrote:
Thank you very much
- just kidding ...

I agree 100%

Funny.  But, you can take your KUDOS too.  You deserve them.

Kimberly
(MUA)

Apr 27 06 08:53 pm Link

Model

Green Eyed Mammi

I agree with this too.  There are some HOT photos on this site!

GEM

Apr 28 06 08:55 am Link

Photographer

STUDIOMONA PHOTOGRAPHY

Avon, Minnesota, US

thank you, thank you, thank you...LOL hehehehehe

Apr 29 06 02:26 pm Link

Photographer

Pete Flanagan

Chicago, Illinois, US

As far as I'm concerned, StudioMona is one of the most forward thinking photographic organizations on the scene today.  The richness, texture, and spirit that is imbedded in each image constitutes a quantum leap over what the rest of us can produce.

Apr 29 06 02:28 pm Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

Always good to see a positive thread. Yes, I find that ADD portfolio jumping through links is a great way to find some great photos. Unfortunately, when the site is slow, it makes it very difficult to scout out all the talent on here. I will say that there is a long list of people, both photographer and models that I either admire, would like to work with, or both (usually both).

Apr 29 06 02:32 pm Link

Photographer

STUDIOMONA PHOTOGRAPHY

Avon, Minnesota, US

Pete Flanagan wrote:
As far as I'm concerned, StudioMona is one of the most forward thinking photographic organizations on the scene today.  The richness, texture, and spirit that is imbedded in each image constitutes a quantum leap over what the rest of us can produce.

Awwww, that is just so touching, but naaahhh, there are far better photographers out there.... you,  for instance! but thank you for the kind words, Sir!

Apr 29 06 02:33 pm Link

Photographer

Pete Flanagan

Chicago, Illinois, US

StudioMona wrote:

Awwww, that is just so touching, but naaahhh, there are far better photographers out there.... you,  for instance! but thank you for the kind words, Sir!

LOL yeah right.  My "work" pretty much just takes up space.

Apr 29 06 02:39 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

UdoR wrote:

We used to have "Random Profile Fun" and "Latest Upload" or so... I always enjoyed those samplings a lot.

Hope that we'll have those back up sometimes again.

Ditto Udo, I liked the Random images and wish they'd return.

Apr 29 06 02:41 pm Link

Photographer

STUDIOMONA PHOTOGRAPHY

Avon, Minnesota, US

Pete Flanagan wrote:

LOL yeah right.  My "work" pretty much just takes up space.

but that's why we all signed up here, i have space, you have space, he/she/it have space smile it's a beautiful thing, space! wink

Apr 29 06 03:59 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher b Smyth

Airdrie, Alberta, Canada

Corena wrote:
Yup, I can't even begin to name the photographers on here who I'd die to work with. Awesome talent that many don't even realize they have!

Am i one? heehee

A big thank you to kimberley and others for a postive and praisng thread

Apr 29 06 04:34 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher b Smyth

Airdrie, Alberta, Canada

Corena wrote:

Am i one? heehee But if you died to work it would have to be a graveyard shootLOL

Apr 29 06 04:34 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Kimberly Steward

Christopher b Smyth wrote:

Am i one? heehee But if you died to work it would have to be a graveyard shootLOL

Thanks for the love...

Apr 29 06 07:03 pm Link

Photographer

STUDIOMONA PHOTOGRAPHY

Avon, Minnesota, US

Lapis wrote:
I will say that there is a long list of people, both photographer and models that I either admire, would like to work with, or both (usually both).

I admire Lapis heee heee smile really! wink and would love to shoot you someday.

Apr 29 06 07:09 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Kimberly Steward

Hopefully MM will hear our cry for the random profiles again.

May 08 06 03:52 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Kimberly Steward wrote:
Hopefully MM will hear our cry for the random profiles again.

Me too.  In the meantime, there's this:

https://modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=44806

May 08 06 03:55 am Link