Forums > General Industry > Is it in bad taste?

Model

Stacy

Englewood, Florida, US

I think it would be great to hang up your own work.

Apr 25 06 01:17 am Link

Photographer

jon mmmayhem

Philadelphia, Mississippi, US

i have some of my pictures i've taken of friends of mine (two of them are in my profile, actually) up on my wall.
what's REALLY tacky, though, is that i have a drawing and a painting of MYSELF up in here too. how vain is that??

Apr 25 06 06:58 pm Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Stacy wrote:
I think it would be great to hang up your own work.

Well if you think it's ok, I'm set.. Especially since some of it would likely be you..

Of course that's AFTER I get a chance to shoot with you then..  Our first shoot I wasn't sure what you were capable of and I was even less sure what I was capable of.  To put it bluntly, you rock, and I wanna do-over.. wink

Apr 25 06 07:18 pm Link

Photographer

Cris Mitchell

Pismo Beach, California, US

Only if you put a price tag on them ;-)

I have my pictures all over my walls, it's cheap art.

Cris...

Apr 26 06 12:32 am Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

On a weird side note. Be careful of cheap frames. About an hour ago one of my favorite photographs on my wall here in the computer room fell off the wall. I thought it just plain fell off the nail. t fell to the ground, glass everywhere and all.But when I looked up I noticed the BACK of the frame was still attached to the wall.

Apparently they glued the velvet back onto the frame instead of small framing nails and the glue finally wore down after handing there for a couple of years.

Check the construction of your frames!

Apr 26 06 12:36 am Link

Model

Tikeya

Edgewood, Maryland, US

I know this is somewhat different from what you're talking about, but I have a framed picture up on my wall, and the picture was taken at Sears Portrait Studio (a b/w pic)...lol.  smile

Apr 26 06 12:55 am Link