Forums > General Industry > Location Curiosity...

Model

NC17

Baltimore, Maryland, US

I live in Maryland, and am just curious for some interesting ideas.

So: Where is the most creative place you've ever done a shoot?

I have a great place, just haven't shot there yet. Its an old fort below the Key Bridge. The place is very run down with LOTS of graffiti, which provides for a really cool contrast against the wild vines and natural life that is trying to reclaim the area. You just gotta watch out for the gay cruisers. Not a place to shoot with only the photographer and model...

Apr 24 06 12:18 pm Link

Model

Adrienne Aurora

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Like my avatar- it's all about using what you got and making it cool, new and creative.

Apr 24 06 12:47 pm Link

Photographer

Dogbone Alt-Process

Llano, Texas, US

The old fort sounds nice, but my favorite spot for the past few years has been a quiet and secluded section of creek in a small and almost unknown state park. The park has a fairly spectacular feature and most visitors never bother walking upstream past it to explore the just as lovely stretches of rock and water. If you don't mind a bit of hiking, almost any large park in the area has beautiful and inspiring sites suitable for a photo session. Wander a few hundred yards from a busy trail and you can feel like you are alone in the world.

Apr 24 06 01:24 pm Link

Model

NC17

Baltimore, Maryland, US

What park would that be?

I have done some shooting at Monocacy Battlefield before. You can get in some serious trouble shooting there, but for the most part its really secluded and the river that runs through is quiet. I do think that sometimes people canoe on it, but while we were there we didn't see anyone. We saw some people on the way out, but that was it.

The craziest place I ever shot nude work was on the B&O Canal in DC. We arrived early in the morning, and that was almost worse than later in the day due to the amount of joggers that kept running through. Talk about crazy!

Apr 24 06 01:34 pm Link

Photographer

Analog Nomad

Pattaya, Central, Thailand

I did a wild and crazy alternative shoot with two models in an airstream trailer once. I've shot lingerie at the New York capital, and I love shooting glamour and lingerie in bars and restaurants.

Shooting on location is where it's at -- to keep things "fresh" in the studio is really hard and costs $$$.

Paul
http://www.bangbangphoto.com

Apr 24 06 01:41 pm Link

Photographer

Dogbone Alt-Process

Llano, Texas, US

It's a subsection of Rocks State Park. It is so tiny there aren't even any direction signs to it until you get to the parking lot. I've shot there half a dozen times or more and still drive right past the entrance.

Apr 24 06 01:41 pm Link

Model

NC17

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Ahh, I know of Rock State Park. I'd love to know where that location is though!
Sounds so nice!!

Apr 24 06 01:43 pm Link

Photographer

Rp-photo

Houston, Texas, US

My most unusual (and first) location for shooting models have been two abandoned oil well sites in the Houston area:

https://www.richardsfault.com/rp_photo/WellsiteVI-Shelli/087.jpg

https://www.richardsfault.com/rp_photo/WellsiteVII-Duane/DSC_1139.jpg

https://www.richardsfault.com/rp_photo/WellsiteIII-ZoraJ/06.jpg

Apr 24 06 01:44 pm Link

Model

NC17

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Beautiful shots! What a great location!!

Apr 24 06 02:05 pm Link

Photographer

Dogbone Alt-Process

Llano, Texas, US

NC17 wrote:
Ahh, I know of Rock State Park. I'd love to know where that location is though!
Sounds so nice!!

It is so nice! Be easier to show you than to try to describe it here. Besides... it is a closely guarded secret. ;-)

Apr 24 06 02:25 pm Link

Photographer

Red Sky Photography

Germantown, Maryland, US

When you said Key Bridge, I thought you meant the one in Georgetown DC, but I'm guessing you mean the one in Baltimore. I'll have to drive up and see what it looks like.

I like Glen Echo amusement park just outside DC and Brookside Gardens in Wheaton.
If you go early, not very many people.

Apr 24 06 05:27 pm Link

Model

NC17

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Red Sky Photography wrote:
When you said Key Bridge, I thought you meant the one in Georgetown DC, but I'm guessing you mean the one in Baltimore. I'll have to drive up and see what it looks like.

I like Glen Echo amusement park just outside DC and Brookside Gardens in Wheaton.
If you go early, not very many people.

Yes, you're correct, the Key Bridge in Baltimore, not DC. Very different places! I've run into confusion with that issue before.

If you're going to visit, its exit 1 off of the beltway. You'll want to be heading down hill (I can't tell you left or right since I wouldn't know which way you'd be coming in....) its pretty obvious. At the light at the bottom of the hill, its a left, then another left onto fort armistead rd. Thats a funky jersey left though so likely you'd miss it, and have to do a Uturn.  Follow the road back and you'll find it. The fort itself is up on the knoll behind the parking lot, its hidden by lots of trees. One of my photographer buddies never even saw it the first time he was at the park. Some observant person he is!
Heres a link to some basic pictures that I found on the web when researching the history of the fort itself: http://www.geocities.com/baltforts/Fort … /index.htm

Apr 24 06 07:07 pm Link

Photographer

Red Sky Photography

Germantown, Maryland, US

Thanks for the directions and link. If you are ever down my way, I'll show you Glen Echo, and the gardens at Brookside.

Apr 24 06 08:04 pm Link

Model

NC17

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Awesome, we do get down to the DC area sometimes, is that where you are located?
My boyfriend is also an amateur photographer and we've been meaning to get down to the monuments to do some night shooting. We had plans and then a friend didn't show up where we were meeting here so they fell through. Hopefully some time this summer though we'll be able to, because it is pretty, and much more dramatic at night.

Apr 24 06 08:38 pm Link

Model

The Thorny Rose

Chicago, Illinois, US

The favorite place I've had a shoot was probably downtown.  It looked great in the shots; plus, we stopped traffic ;-)

Apr 24 06 10:21 pm Link

Photographer

Darker-Side of-Midnight

Southfield, Michigan, US

The Thorny Rose wrote:
we stopped traffic ;-)

you stop traffic anywhere you go.............HAWT!

Apr 24 06 10:38 pm Link

Photographer

Justin

Fort Collins, Colorado, US

A skate park, a road right by an interstate highway but just out of sight of it (or there would've been an accident, I'm sure), several times on relatively deserted county roads, in the back of a VW microbus, a grade school playground, a parking garage, a rock outcropping just off an interstate, a deserted apartment, a very old graveyard.

I don't know if they're all that creative, but they were fun.

A picture from the parking garage shoot that might be a little too edgy for forum rules to post here: http://justinonimus.com/betcee-silhouette2-bw.jpg

Apr 24 06 10:55 pm Link

Model

Brandon Smith

San Diego, California, US

My favorite was downtown Chicago, 1am, snowing.......

Memories :-)

Apr 25 06 12:21 am Link