Forums > General Industry > Flaked by photographer, sorry just need to vent

Model

HurtMeSo

Paris, Arkansas, US

I've just been flaked for the first time by a photographer. Guess it means I'm really getting into the business now. >:-D
Been to her place at the time of our appointment. Waited 10 min in front of her door then called her. She said she couldn't make it and didn't THINK OF CALLING ME!

Who does she think she is??

*phew*

Sorry for the annoyance.

Apr 24 06 07:48 am Link

Photographer

Marvin Dockery

Alcoa, Tennessee, US

HurtMeSo wrote:
I've just been flaked for the first time by a photographer. Guess it means I'm really getting into the business now. >:-D
Been to her place at the time of our appointment. Waited 10 min in front of her door then called her. She said she couldn't make it and didn't THINK OF CALLING ME!

*phew*

Sorry for the annoyance.

If it was a paid shoot she owes you for your time. Send her a bill. My dentist would send me a bill if I did not show up.

If it was TFP you might want to think about just doing paid shoots.

If I did this to one of my models she would still get paid the full amount.

Apr 24 06 08:18 am Link

Model

shellyradley

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland

awwwww hun

***(((HUGZ)))***

it happens babes
It's just not as widely spread as models flaking.

bless ya.

and remember there are great photographers out there that don't flake at all so don't be disheartened.

bubbye chicka

xx

shelly xx

Apr 24 06 08:25 am Link

Model

HurtMeSo

Paris, Arkansas, US

Marvin Dockery wrote:
If it was a paid shoot she owes you for your time. Send her a bill. My dentist would send me a bill if I did not show up.

If it was TFP you might want to think about just doing paid shoots.

If I did this to one of my models she would still get paid the full amount.

It was a TFP. I'm still pretty new to modeling so I don't think I can pretend to paid shoot exclusively now.

I'll just send her a dead rat or something.

Apr 24 06 08:27 am Link

Model

HurtMeSo

Paris, Arkansas, US

Thanks Shelly.

I've already met loads of great photographers with very professional attitudes.

It had to happen. I'm just so pissed off at her attitude. Like not even calling me and having me waiting like an idiot in front of her door!

Apr 24 06 08:28 am Link

Model

shellyradley

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland

HurtMeSo wrote:
Thanks Shelly.

I've already met loads of great photographers with very professional attitudes.

It had to happen. I'm just so pissed off at her attitude. Like not even calling me and having me waiting like an idiot in front of her door!

i know it sucks chick but now you know not to work with her again.
and give out references if people ask you wouldn't want that to happen to someone that you know..

take care chicka

xx shelly xx

Apr 24 06 08:36 am Link

Photographer

Alex Mercatali

Forlì, Emilia-Romagna, Italy

if you were already there, you should have inxisted to wait till she had finished yikes

edit :  holy moly, I didn't catch that you're from Paris !
I would gladly shoot with you while I'm still here smile
let me know tongue

Apr 24 06 09:52 am Link

Model

HurtMeSo

Paris, Arkansas, US

RoninGarou wrote:
if you were already there, you should have inxisted to wait till she had finished yikes

edit :  holy moly, I didn't catch that you're from Paris !
I would gladly shoot with you while I'm still here smile
let me know tongue

Finished what? She gave me NO excuse, didnt tell me what she was doing. It sounded like she just remembered about me and didnt give a sh*t! Well... Too bad for her!

I PMed you! *blink*

Apr 24 06 10:13 am Link

Photographer

Marvin Dockery

Alcoa, Tennessee, US

HurtMeSo wrote:
It was a TFP. I'm still pretty new to modeling so I don't think I can pretend to paid shoot exclusively now.

I'll just send her a dead rat or something.

I looked at your portfolio before posting and I think you should start charging for your time.

But I have had  models not show when the pay for three hours was $200.00, or more. When this happens I always go and buy something for me, with the money. smile

Does Paris still have the big gallery shows in October?

Apr 24 06 03:19 pm Link

Model

Claire Elizabeth

Exton, Pennsylvania, US

This happened to me once when I first started. Not much you can do about it though. Sorry and best of luck!

Apr 24 06 03:22 pm Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

HurtMeSo wrote:

*phew*

Sorry for the annoyance.

Looking at your port....

Her loss.. Big time.. She definitely missed out on a good opportunity.

Apr 24 06 03:28 pm Link

Model

Arthur's Town, Cat Island, Bahamas

Yup...this happens all too frequently.

Apr 24 06 05:08 pm Link

Photographer

Bob Hubbard

Buffalo, New York, US

WG Rowland wrote:

Looking at your port....

Her loss.. Big time.. She definitely missed out on a good opportunity.

I tend to agree.  I took a look at your port. Great look, great photos.

Apr 24 06 05:08 pm Link

Model

HurtMeSo

Paris, Arkansas, US

Marvin Dockery wrote:
I looked at your portfolio before posting and I think you should start charging for your time.

But I have had  models not show when the pay for three hours was $200.00, or more. When this happens I always go and buy something for me, with the money. smile

Does Paris still have the big gallery shows in October?

Thanks a lot! It's not that easy to go from TFP to paid shoot. There are a few amateur photographers here willing/able to pay, and pros mostly shoot girls from agencies.

I don't know what you are referring to, in october. Can you tell me more?

Apr 25 06 03:53 am Link

Model

HurtMeSo

Paris, Arkansas, US

Thanks to everyone for their lovely and cheering comments. It is a good thing to vent and this time was specially because it got to shoot with Ronin Garou yesterday evening! Was very cool, even if it was a bit rushed!

Apr 25 06 03:54 am Link

Model

confidential deletion

I kinda wish there was some sort of anonymous rating system here with fill in the dot answers to standard questions (yes I know it'd need some sort of safeguard to protect it from being abused) that would score all industry participants (kinda like ebay has I guess) which would allow everyone to know who's a flake, a gwc, bad attitude, etc.  It might make some people pull their act together and others gwc someplace else.   I don't like it when flaky models or one's with poor attitudes think it's alright to "talk back" to the photographer... not only does it make all of us look bad, they're taking jobs and opportunities away from others who take there job more seriously. I don't care who you are, act professional!

Apr 25 06 03:59 am Link

Photographer

George ephrem

Jacksonville, Florida, US

gee this was your first time.... i can't tell you how many times a model has flaked on me and they think nothing of it, ....at all!!!!!!

well welcome to a photogs world

i will say most likely most photogs don't flake, it almost always the model.

good luck .....ge

Apr 25 06 12:42 pm Link

Photographer

Fred Beeson

Birmingham, Alabama, US

WOW now thats a first...Flakey Photog???? damn..  Sorry to hear about the inconsiderate experience you had.

Apr 25 06 12:49 pm Link

Photographer

lightsandshadow

New York, New York, US

It's unfortunate that happened to you.  I've only had to cancel once but I called the model 48 hours before and still payed her.  I value her time and mine so I rescheduled and everything turned out good.

Apr 25 06 01:04 pm Link

Photographer

Tied And Taped

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Roughly half the models I set up shoots with flake on me.  No kidding.  One model had the ego to tell me she wouldn't shoot in Philly because she lived in New York.  I had to go to Northern New Jersey for the shoot.  One cab, one bus, and two trains later I get to the location.  Guess what?  She never showed.  I tried calling her and she simply refused to answer the phone.

Matter of fact, I was stood up today.  I'll never understand why a model would initiate contact with a photog asking for a shoot, take the time to set up the shoot, then stand up the photog.  No phone call, no e-mail, nothing.

Apr 25 06 03:58 pm Link

Model

HurtMeSo

Paris, Arkansas, US

Tape Her Up wrote:
Roughly half the models I set up shoots with flake on me.  No kidding.  One model had the ego to tell me she wouldn't shoot in Philly because she lived in New York.  I had to go to Northern New Jersey for the shoot.  One cab, one bus, and two trains later I get to the location.  Guess what?  She never showed.  I tried calling her and she simply refused to answer the phone.

Matter of fact, I was stood up today.  I'll never understand why a model would initiate contact with a photog asking for a shoot, take the time to set up the shoot, then stand up the photog.  No phone call, no e-mail, nothing.

Well same here. The photographer contacted me for the shoot. Apparently now she's terribly sorry (she told a common relation) but she didn't phone me either to talk to me so, how should I care!

Apr 26 06 06:55 am Link