Forums > General Industry > Should you trust a pin up site that does not have:

Model

Magnoliamodel

... a fixed rate of pay?

The owner says its best as he can negotiate with the model a fair price, but i feel this is unfair as the financial sides just based from his judgement. My friends applying and i wish to advise her the best i can but im not sure how :S

Whats your opinion on the following e-mail she recieved and the release? He says the  model and the company get copyright ownership but i failed to spot that in the release?

The websites also really not good, so that doesnt look like its a real site. Is it a real site or do you think it could be a fraud site?

"We Are Looking for Models! Pinups/Greaser Ladies/Rockabilly Gals/Punk/Gothabilly/Fetish/Goth Ladies/Biker
Babes--If you are interested in being a Model for South Side Kustoms Pinups. Please Contact Us at Email
Me [email protected]
for your model application. You will need to submit 4 photos 2 front/back clothed and 2 front/back nude.

Do you know, or are you a Pinup Girl? Do You Think Your Worthy of being a South Side Kustoms' Pinup?
Show us what you got. Take some pics, write down some stats and a description of why you should be a
South Side Kustoms Pinup.

Email them to: [email protected]

Disclaimer:

IMAGES SUBMITTED TO SOUTH SIDE KUSTOMS ARE AS IS!

website - http://southsidekustoms.tripod.com/

------------------------------------------

ADULT MODEL RELEASE

LONG FORM

In consideration of my engagement as a model, upon the terms herewith stated,
I hereby give to Jason McCudden his heirs, legal representatives and assigns, those for
whom South Side Kustoms is acting, and those acting with his/her authority and permission:

a) the unrestricted right and permission to copyright and use, re-use, publish, and
republish photographic portraits or pictures of me or in which I may be included
intact or in part, composite or distorted in character or form, without restriction
as to changes or transformations in conjunction with my own or a fictitious name, or
reproduction hereof in color or otherwise, made through any and all media now or
hereafter known for illustration, art, promotion, advertising, trade, or any other purpose whatsoever.

b) I also permit the use of any printed material in connection therewith.

c) I hereby relinquish any right that I may have to examine or approve the
completed product or products or the advertising copy or printed matter that
may be used in conjunction therewith or the use to which it may be applied.

d) I hereby release, discharge and agree to save harmless [photographer],
his/her heirs, legal representatives or assigns, and all persons functioning
under his/her permission or authority, or those for whom he/she is functioning,
from any liability by virtue of any blurring, distortion, alteration, optical
illusion, or use in composite form whether intentional or otherwise, that may occur
or be produced in the taking of said picture or in any subsequent processing thereof,
as well as any publication thereof, including without limitation any claims for libel
or invasion of privacy.

e) I hereby affirm that I am over the age of majority and have the right to contract
in my own name. I have read the above authorization, release and agreement, prior to
its execution; I fully understand the contents thereof. This agreement shall be binding
upon me and my heirs, legal representatives and assigns.

Dated: ________________Signed:_____________________________________

"

Does anyone know what they mean by "agree to save harmless [photographer],
his/her heirs, legal representatives or assigns, " ?

save harmless? photographers?

What is this release actually saying that the model is signing over?

Thanks for your help. I told her i would consult more experienced people in this area.

Apr 22 06 04:52 pm Link

Photographer

Vito

Brooklyn, New York, US

It means none of those people (the models) will sue or hold any of those other people (the photographer/website) responsible for damages.

All-in-all, it's a standard model release.

Apr 22 06 05:00 pm Link

Photographer

Amanda Schlicher

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Real question:

Should you trust anyone who has a website that looks like that?

Apr 22 06 05:02 pm Link

Model

Magnoliamodel

Vito wrote:
It means none of those people (the models) will sue or hold any of those other people (the photographer/website) responsible for damages.

All-in-all, it's a standard model release.

Thanks hun! much appreciated, i cant believe how tired i am tonight! man how disorientated can you get with lack of sleep, i apologise again.

Thanks so much i failed to understand it sad

Apr 22 06 05:02 pm Link

Model

Magnoliamodel

Amanda Schlicher wrote:
Real question:

Should you trust anyone who has a website that looks like that?

true...

i have a bad feeling about them i told her that, but she said another mate of hers signed with them and says theyre really cool and she should join, but i told her thats not really practical advice on what they actually do etc.. I told her im not sure about the whole thing. But then again if i dont understand the release what good am i at giving her advice sad

Apr 22 06 05:04 pm Link

Photographer

Vito

Brooklyn, New York, US

I just got to looking at the site and it's a Tripod site (Free). It may be he's starting out, or the name he wanted to use was taken.

It also looks as he is a cycle customizer that's just looking for models for calanders and such (like Pirelli, or tool companies).

Apr 22 06 05:07 pm Link

Photographer

Curt at photoworks

Riverside, California, US

It's not even a photo or modeling site AND they're hosting it on tripod.com.  give me a break!

Apr 22 06 05:09 pm Link

Model

Magnoliamodel

Vito wrote:
I just got to looking at the site and it's a Tripod site (Free). It may be he's starting out, or the name he wanted to use was taken.

It also looks as he is a cycle customizer that's just looking for models for calanders and such (like Pirelli, or tool companies).

he has a seperate address for the pin up i had it hang on: *looks*

http://www.sskpinups.com/  there and he requires all models to show pink :S

" ... It is always a debate on how to handle pay. Its hard. Other sites that post their pay are limiting them selves and setting standards. There is no negotiation. My experience models like the negotiation. Models should sign a pay agreement with a privacy statement. They breach that and discuss money with other models. They are terminated. Like any job you may have.

Like a job you may get a job somewhere doing the same thing as someone else but get higher pay because you are more experienced. Same thing in this world an amateur model with amateur photos should not get the same pay as a model with $300.00 photos.

So at this point are pay ranges from $75.00 - $150.00 a set 20-30 photos. SG pays $300.00 for several sets and then you are limtied to SG. I am in the Biker industry which opens much more high paying jobs for models. Becuase I promote my models.

Pay depends again on how many sites/new model/amateur/sex appeal/your turn around on shoots (how fast you get your photos in)

A few of my models have done it for free for the exposure--which has led them to other jobs.

$75.00 the lowest becuase at the time they sent in their application they were fuzzy unprofessional photos and their sex appeal wasn't as high as others.

$150.00 for a Good quality model with high sex appeal. I am sure you can tell the difference between good and bad models.

That being said all PAID models have to show pink. 98% of paid memebers are men. Men want to see every dollars worth. That is how it is. It is hard to get a man to pay if he isn't seeing all their goods. That is just how it is unfortunatley. A model who just wants the exposure doesn't have to show pink though.

SSK treats every model fair/does not try to screw them and promotes them to help them get other work in different avenues. Our specialty being the motorcycle industry. Like I said ,also Our models are used for bike shoots that are submitted to all the major bike mags. I have one Mag shoot coming up with Lollipop in June. Now that is huge exposure for them and SSK. "

DO you think the exposures worth it for the prices of showing pink. Whats the average pay for models that show pink, so i can show her this forum and your opinions.

Is his offers good or is there better, and if so what sites could i direct her too? She is keen on the exposure but not really showing 'pink' but she said she would do it if it would help her to get noticed and if the price/exposures right... ?

****ALSO does anyone know what he means by 'lollipop' im not familiar with bike modelling sad

Apr 22 06 05:13 pm Link

Photographer

Amanda Schlicher

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Magnolia or Nola wrote:

he has a seperate address for the pin up i had it hang on: *looks*

http://www.sskpinups.com/  there and he requires all models to show pink :S

" ... It is always a debate on how to handle pay. Its hard. Other sites that post their pay are limiting them selves and setting standards. There is no negotiation. My experience models like the negotiation. Models should sign a pay agreement with a privacy statement. They breach that and discuss money with other models. They are terminated. Like any job you may have.

Like a job you may get a job somewhere doing the same thing as someone else but get higher pay because you are more experienced. Same thing in this world an amateur model with amateur photos should not get the same pay as a model with $300.00 photos.

So at this point are pay ranges from $75.00 - $150.00 a set 20-30 photos. SG pays $300.00 for several sets and then you are limtied to SG. I am in the Biker industry which opens much more high paying jobs for models. Becuase I promote my models.

Pay depends again on how many sites/new model/amateur/sex appeal/your turn around on shoots (how fast you get your photos in)

A few of my models have done it for free for the exposure--which has led them to other jobs.

$75.00 the lowest becuase at the time they sent in their application they were fuzzy unprofessional photos and their sex appeal wasn't as high as others.

$150.00 for a Good quality model with high sex appeal. I am sure you can tell the difference between good and bad models.

That being said all PAID models have to show pink. 98% of paid memebers are men. Men want to see every dollars worth. That is how it is. It is hard to get a man to pay if he isn't seeing all their goods. That is just how it is unfortunatley. A model who just wants the exposure doesn't have to show pink though.

SSK treats every model fair/does not try to screw them and promotes them to help them get other work in different avenues. Our specialty being the motorcycle industry. Like I said ,also Our models are used for bike shoots that are submitted to all the major bike mags. I have one Mag shoot coming up with Lollipop in June. Now that is huge exposure for them and SSK. "

DO you think the exposures worth it for the prices of showing pink. Whats the average pay for models that show pink, so i can show her this forum and your opinions.

Is his offers good or is there better, and if so what sites could i direct her too? She is keen on the exposure but not really showing 'pink' but she said she would do it if it would help her to get noticed and if the price/exposures right... ?

****ALSO does anyone know what he means by 'lollipop' im not familiar with bike modelling sad

Lollipop is an alternative mag with a clothing line that they use models for.

There is a ridiculous number of sentence fragments in that paragraph.  Run far, far away.

Apr 22 06 05:17 pm Link