Forums > General Industry > Am I the only one being bitchy about rescheduling?

Photographer

AU fotografia

Houston, Texas, US

Carpe Imago Photography wrote:
You know, this thread is a glaring example as to why this forum doesn't attract more professionals.  I'm not saying that there aren't professionals present, there are and some of them are very good.  (yes, far better than a newbie like me.)

I just find the general tone of this forum to be largely unprofessional.  This thread started very well, had some good feedback, and somewhere along the line deterioated into another pissing match.  This comment isn't directed at one individual in particular, but is sort of commonplace based upon what I've seen since I started to browse the forums here.

Professionalism is not just based upon whether you get paid, but is also a mindset and is dependent upon how you act in all situations...not just in the studio or on location.

thank you

Apr 23 06 12:45 pm Link

Photographer

Photos2amaze

Atlanta, Georgia, US

michelleKristine wrote:

Why do photographers act like they are doing models a favor by doing TFCD ?

We're doing you a favor too, trust me. Just like a model needs to be in front of the camera as much as possible a photographer needs to be behind it.

I'm not saying you should "deal with no-shows" but stop acting like your above the model simply because your the photographer. Intentionally or not... trust me, that is the image some of you are portraying.

If you want models to show and you want models that can help give you a good portfolio (TFP is mutually beneficial remember?) you need to act in a manner that is going to make people want to work with you instead of using you as a back-up plan and blowing you off for other offers.

If we really want to work with you, we will be there. We will be there on time. We will not reschedule and we will not no show.

There are a million great photographers out there... market yourself as one of the ones we want to work with and I bet you stop getting no shows ! Imagine.

Some may be doing just that, a big favor.  Now if its Cindy Crawford, I am sure most shooters will roll out the Red carpet.  There are a million good photographers, true, so true with models.  Its a 50/50 street and the name of TFPs is to meet in the middle for both.  Many photographers have thousands and thousands of dollars in their gear and hours and hours of post production work to make the photos top tier.  There are many many models out there that have 1 or 2 photoshoots and want to start charging the photographers?  Everyone has some sort of expense, sure but when it comes down to most Pro Photographers they are going to have mega bucks in their equipment, and a full time job as a photographer.

Apr 24 06 12:34 am Link

Model

michelleKristine

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Photos2amaze wrote:
Some may be doing just that, a big favor.  Now if its Cindy Crawford, I am sure most shooters will roll out the Red carpet.  There are a million good photographers, true, so true with models.  Its a 50/50 street and the name of TFPs is to meet in the middle for both.  Many photographers have thousands and thousands of dollars in their gear and hours and hours of post production work to make the photos top tier.  There are many many models out there that have 1 or 2 photoshoots and want to start charging the photographers?  Everyone has some sort of expense, sure but when it comes down to most Pro Photographers they are going to have mega bucks in their equipment, and a full time job as a photographer.

I very much agree with this. The above quoted post was not intended as a blank statement but perhaps ended up sounding like one. Like I said, I agree with everything you have said here.  If all photographers (and models) acted in a manner that reflected these opinions I don't think there'd be a single thread "ranting" about TFP.  Unfortunately, there are many unprofessional photographers, models and threads on MM.

Apr 24 06 02:52 am Link