Forums > General Industry > if you could do a radio program about fashion...

Photographer

images by elahi

Atlanta, Georgia, US

describe it...

Apr 22 06 08:47 am Link

Photographer

La Seine by the Hudson

New York, New York, US

models and cocaine. the stupider and tawdrier the better. having absolutely nothing to do with fashion at all but the catfights and scandals. watch ratings soar.

if i really did a radio show about fashion i think they'd pull my plug in less than 5 minutes.

Apr 22 06 08:55 am Link

Photographer

images by elahi

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Marko Cecic-Karuzic wrote:
models and cocaine. the stupider and tawdrier the better. having absolutely nothing to do with fashion at all but the catfights and scandals. watch ratings soar.

if i really did a radio show about fashion i think they'd pull my plug in less than 5 minutes.

interesting...actually it may not get cancelled, folks would tune in for the cat fights! lol

Apr 22 06 09:09 am Link

Photographer

La Seine by the Hudson

New York, New York, US

images by elahi wrote:
interesting...actually it may not get cancelled, folks would tune in for the cat fights! lol

that's what i'm talking about. if i did a show that was actually about FASHION, not some America's Next Top Model stupidity, um, let's just say that most people driving home from work in commute traffic really would not give a toss.

Apr 22 06 09:17 am Link

Photographer

images by elahi

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Marko Cecic-Karuzic wrote:

that's what i'm talking about. if i did a show that was actually about FASHION, not some America's Next Top Model stupidity, um, let's just say that most people driving home from work in commute traffic really would not give a toss.

ya got that right.....hmmmm, has there ever been a radio program on fashion?

Of course, one of the obstacles would be: "how do you bring fashion, which is visual, to an aural/audio medium?"

Apr 22 06 09:19 am Link

Photographer

Chili

Brooklyn, New York, US

there actually is a radio show about fashion, a new internet radio station had asked me to be involved on their weekly segment about fashion, but i really couldnt commit to it on a regular basis though i did want to, i thought it would be fun (not too mention the self promotion opportunities LOL)

Apr 22 06 10:19 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Chili wrote:
there actually is a radio show about fashion, a new internet radio station had asked me to be involved on their weekly segment about fashion, but i really couldnt commit to it on a regular basis though i did want to, i thought it would be fun (not too mention the self promotion opportunities LOL)

Hook me up Chili, I need some more craziness in my life.

Apr 22 06 10:54 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

There actually is, or at least used to be a fashion radio station through the internet. I recall looking for streaming news and information for a site once and happened to see it. I wish I remembered what it was called.

Apr 22 06 11:28 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

Chili wrote:

Ok,now I see this,lol. I am glad I am not the only one who saw this.

Apr 22 06 11:29 pm Link

Photographer

Chili

Brooklyn, New York, US

Ched wrote:

Hook me up Chili, I need some more craziness in my life.

i'll send you some info, the reason why i turned it down, was cux they also wanted you to do a lot of free photography work for their station, and i didnt want to get tied up in it for a few internet radio spots

Apr 23 06 05:35 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

I would have my publicist do the negotiating.

Apr 24 06 09:04 am Link

Photographer

Chili

Brooklyn, New York, US

Ched wrote:

is he/she any good?

i could use a good publicist, i got one like dean martin, frank sinatra and sammy davis had when they got booked into the villa venice in chicago (they didnt get paid for that gig)

Apr 24 06 01:27 pm Link

Photographer

area291

Calabasas, California, US

images by elahi wrote:
if you could do a radio program about fashion...

...it would be like listening to golf on radio.  Far too difficult to describe the beauty and nuance to those that don't participate or need to visualize for full appreciation.

Apr 24 06 01:39 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Chili wrote:
is he/she any good?

i could use a good publicist, i got one like dean martin, frank sinatra and sammy davis had when they got booked into the villa venice in chicago (they didnt get paid for that gig)

She's good. A little busy over on the left coast right now, but she hooked me up with my gallery show and some other stuff.

Apr 24 06 02:55 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

A radio program about fashion... well, I've done radio before for about three years I was holding Friday afternoons at a 100kW station in Virginia, more of a DJ than a commentator but I read the news and all that.

I would want to be more of a moderator and navigator than a fashion voice. Sort of the translator for the audience, or at least the person who says "tell us more about that." There would be a lot of interviews, asking designers and stylists to come in and talk about trends. There would be order to it, a logic of the path of exploration. Eventually there would be regulars who would sit in on the taping and ask more detailed questions. The show would not be live.

Apr 24 06 03:27 pm Link

Photographer

Chili

Brooklyn, New York, US

Ched wrote:

i need a negotiator like bruce willis in the movie "the 5th element" when the priest suggest that he does the negotiating with the aliens. bruce sez ok and walks into the room and shoots the alien in the head and kills him, then he asks "anyone else care to negotiate?"

the priest then asks "where did he learn to negotiate like that?"

Apr 24 06 09:37 pm Link

Photographer

oldguysrule

fashion photography is already about as absurd a concept as possible. fashion radio? what? anna wintour isn't gatekeeper enough? shoot me now.

Apr 24 06 09:45 pm Link