Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Yet Another Hair Question

Model

Lust

Rockford, Illinois, US

I know it's generally good policy to search the forums for the topic I'm addressing before I post about it.  Unfortunately, the computer I'm using currently is not quite up to par... That is, what "par" would have been considered ten years ago.  With that, I apologize if this has already been answered.

My hair is naturally very course and curly.  When it gets mid-length the curls really start to get bad and doing anything other than a "toss around like I just got up" look is nearly impossible... And I'm adamantly against the white-guy 'fro.

What options do I have available to me as far as straightening goes?  Is it difficult to use a straightening iron on hair 3-4 inches long?

Thanks

Apr 21 06 11:39 pm Link

Model

Arthur's Town, Cat Island, Bahamas

Lust wrote:
What options do I have available to me as far as straightening goes?  Is it difficult to use a straightening rod (is that even what it's called?) on hair 3-4 inches long?

Thanks

Not at all...a straightening iron is easy to use. I use mine almost daily. After I dry my hair completly I use a heat protectant spray and take small strips of hair and straighten.

Apr 21 06 11:42 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

Lust wrote:
I know it's generally good policy to search the forums for the topic I'm addressing before I post about it.  Unfortunately, the computer I'm using currently is not quite up to par... That is, what "par" would have been considered ten years ago.  With that, I apologize if this has already been answered.

My hair is naturally very course and curly.  When it gets mid-length the curls really start to get bad and doing anything other than a "toss around like I just got up" look is nearly impossible... And I'm adamantly against the white-guy 'fro.

What options do I have available to me as far as straightening goes?  Is it difficult to use a straightening iron on hair 3-4 inches long?

Thanks

Well you can use products like a smoothing cream or a mousses
I my self have curly hair but mine is super long, smile
Anyhoo when I get out of the shower and towel dry my hair, then comb through it then I apply some smoothing cream ands some mousses,then using a difuser attachment on my blow dryer I dry my hair, this will stop the hair from becomming a huge "fro" if you want a more relaxed curl, once your hair is dry or almost dry run your fingers through it this will "beak up" the curls and gove it a softer less "fixed" look.
hope that helps
Mandy of Deadly Design Make-up Artistry

Apr 22 06 05:42 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Ashley Elizabeth

Miami Beach, Florida, US

Check out TiGis Little Hottie.  Great for guys with short hair.

Apr 22 06 09:04 pm Link

Model

Lust

Rockford, Illinois, US

Thanks for the help, everyone.

Apr 23 06 08:07 pm Link