Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Question on Makeup

Model

That name is taken

BALLOUVILLE, Connecticut, US

When a photog tells you "very little" makeup does he mean wear foundation plus little eye makeup or no foundation? I've got a shoot Saturday and I don't want to look silly!

Apr 21 06 01:50 pm Link

Photographer

1972 Productions

Cebu, Central Visayas, Philippines

If it's very little it won't take you long so just take your makeup with you and have him clarify when you get there.

Apr 21 06 07:16 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Ashley Elizabeth

Miami Beach, Florida, US

Bethany Elyse wrote:
When a photog tells you "very little" makeup does he mean wear foundation plus little eye makeup or no foundation? I've got a shoot Saturday and I don't want to look silly!

You might want to pick up a better foundation before the shoot.  The foundation in your shots is off.

Apr 21 06 07:27 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

Well it really depends, are you having a make-up artist "make you up" ? becase as a make-up artist if a modle shows up with make-up on it makes my job a little more difficult becasue now i have to remove your make-up , cleanse and tone your skin and moisturize it too. So you have just added steps to my job. But if your not having a make-up artist , he probably wants you to have a concealer and foundation base on your face ready to "add" to it. I would bring your make-up unless other wise told (if you have a make-up artist leave your make-up at home)
I havent encountered too many photogs who require "some make-up" on the face but heck you never know what people want untill you ask them smile
Mandy of Deadly Design Make-up Artistry. smile

Apr 21 06 11:37 pm Link

Makeup Artist

ROSHAR

Los Angeles, California, US

Ashley Elizabeth wrote:

You might want to pick up a better foundation before the shoot.  The foundation in your shots is off.

Agree!
The foundation in your pix looks pink and light for your skin. You need a more yellow tone.

Light usually means evening out your skin and looking clean and fresh.

Apr 21 06 11:41 pm Link