Forums > General Industry > say hi to the "newbies"

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

have you noticed that no one leaves remarks in the newbie section???...we should ALL make it a point to say hi...welcome...glad you are here.

Apr 21 06 09:45 am Link

Photographer

Frisson

will make it a mission of mine wink

Apr 21 06 09:47 am Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

Frisson wrote:
will make it a mission of mine wink

it will make this place a fun and stable place to come and exchange ideas and build friendships.

Apr 21 06 10:00 am Link

Photographer

Carpe Imago Photography

Dousman, Wisconsin, US

Thanks Frisson and BCG...it's a nice change of pace.  MM has a ton of usable good information, but so far I have been disappointed by the general sense of community.  The people that I've worked with before or know from other sites have been great, but the response elsewhere is cold.

Sort of came to a head today when I explained it was my first post, posted a question for models (with the intention of trying to understand them better so that I avoided doing anything stupid in the future and just generally had a better base of information) and then was belittled for asking the question.  Apparently I wasn't the first to have asked it, but the fact that I couldn't find it in the search led this young lady to suggest that a bullet in her head was more enjoyable.

Oh yeah, and three minutes later, after a second marginally caustic reaction from another model (not to pick just on models but that is all who responded) the thread was pulled off the board.  My sin...I wanted to understand better why models used images in their portfolio that conflicted with their statements of the type of work that they wished to pursue.

Yep, welcome home.  Not.  It's too bad, the networking tools on this site are great otherwise.

Apr 21 06 01:15 pm Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

I used to on a regular basis (but more as a way to point people towards the FAQ preemptively).  Hence my crazy post count. :p

Apr 21 06 03:47 pm Link