Forums > General Industry > Model Rant of the day.

Model

Jayson R

Los Angeles, California, US

So I do some personal training on the side and I'm at the gym today, my boss the head trainer is training a client and I'm sitting nearby and we begin to talk about living in certain places.  So the client lived in California at one point and she said something to me along the lines of "Oh you should def.  try to live there sometime it's great.  At which point my boss replies, "If you get enough modeling gigs you can move out there." 

So the Client responds with "Oh yea then you'll fit right in with those pretentious, self-absorbed people out there." (she wasn't kidding)

So this person knows nothing abut me, but automatically because I'm a model I'm self absorbed and pretentious.   WTF???  This is probably the reason that I always dance around the question of what I do as a job.

Apr 20 06 10:26 pm Link

Photographer

AU fotografia

Houston, Texas, US

yeah and i'm a photographer and i am a perv interested in getting models naked. it's our role in socienty man;p

Apr 20 06 10:28 pm Link

Model

MysticMajesty

Pinconning, Michigan, US

I Understand where you are coming from.

I love comerical shots, glamour, nature. But my family flipped out when I told them what I was doing. Automatically, thinking I was going to be in Playboy or something! Telling me modeling was " disgraceful". I hate how people have pre-concieved ideas. Dont let it get to you!

Apr 20 06 10:32 pm Link

Photographer

Carpe Imago Photography

Dousman, Wisconsin, US

Jayson Repko wrote:
So the Client responds with "Oh yea then you'll fit right in with those pretentious, self-absorbed people out there." (she wasn't kidding)

That's when you reply with, "Nah, so long as we've got people as pretentious and assuming as you around here I'm doing fine in that category."

Yeah, you're boss woulda killed you, but she'd be having George Costanza "Jerk Store" moments for the next year.

Apr 21 06 12:44 pm Link

Model

Claire Elizabeth

Exton, Pennsylvania, US

Jayson Repko wrote:
So I do some personal training on the side and I'm at the gym today, my boss the head trainer is training a client and I'm sitting nearby and we begin to talk about living in certain places.  So the client lived in California at one point and she said something to me along the lines of "Oh you should def.  try to live there sometime it's great.  At which point my boss replies, "If you get enough modeling gigs you can move out there." 

So this person knows nothing abut me, but automatically because I'm a model I'm self absorbed and pretentious.   WTF???  This is probably the reason that I always dance around the question of what I do as a job.

Aw Jayson I am sure she meant it as a general term, not specifically you. You're the nicest male model I've met and you're extremely talented.

Apr 21 06 12:47 pm Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

I can feel for you on this one.

The things people think they can say to you.
This has happened a few times to me.

At one time,  I was moving out of a big loft in NY.   The real estate agent did not make an appointment for this guy.

The super opens the door and they walk in while I am cleaning up from a shoot.
I am silent and half asleep from the late night shooting.
The potential renter walks around does not say excuse me,  then looks me up and down and
States,

so how did a guy like you manage to get a place like this,  no really,  how did you get into this place,  and why are you here?

I said Excuse me?

He says something else rude and then I said.
"get the fuck out of my house,  I am still paying for this and you do not have a schedualed appointment,  look you fucking boring suit go crap on somebody else.
And I would bet I make more than you do with more fun, and less hours, 
And try one more time to insult me in my own house!."

Apr 21 06 03:12 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Bowman

Los Angeles, California, US

Marksora wrote:
I can feel for you on this one.

The things people think they can say to you.
This has happened a few times to me.

At one time,  I was moving out of a big loft in NY.   The real estate agent did not make an appointment for this guy.

The super opens the door and they walk in while I am cleaning up from a shoot.
I am silent and half asleep from the late night shooting.
The potential renter walks around does not say excuse me,  then looks me up and down and
States,

so how did a guy like you manage to get a place like this,  no really,  how did you get into this place,  and why are you here?

I said Excuse me?

He says something else rude and then I said.
"get the fuck out of my house,  I am still paying for this and you do not have a schedualed appointment,  look you fucking boring suit go crap on somebody else.
And I would bet I make more than you do with more fun, and less hours, 
And try one more time to insult me in my own house!."

I want to be just like you when I grow up...

Apr 21 06 03:32 pm Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

On a side note--

I lived in California.  Didn't really care for most of it.  San Francisco freaking ROCKED, but the rest of it, meh, not so much.  I go to LA a few times a year, and while I always have a blast, I am always relieved to be able to return home afterwards.

Speaking of where... man, next weekend, and two after that!  Aaiiee.

Apr 21 06 03:54 pm Link