Forums > General Industry > Portfolio Range

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

Hi,

I'm a new model and have been focusing on getting my portfolio in order before I really strike out there.  Anyway, I'm getting closer and feel like I should be finished after the next few shoots I have scheduled.  My question is:  What are the essential types of photos I should have in my port to make it "complete".  I know we're never really "done", but what shots do I need for it to not look stupid if I showed it to someone considering me for a job?  And also, what should I personally think about focusing on?  I've been trying to give it some thought and am still mad having a 6'4" father didn't get me enough height for runway. smile  Thanks for your help!!

Apr 20 06 12:01 pm Link

Photographer

Lens N Light

Bradford, Vermont, US

Obviously, fashion is your passion. If I were you, I think I'd do some more of that and either use a photographer who exposes correctly or punch itup in post processing. Many of the nicest images would be much better if exposed correctly.

Apr 20 06 12:28 pm Link

Photographer

Stanley

Los Angeles, California, US

Agencies want flexibility, for that, stuff into your port, 2 clean fashion editorial shots, 2 lifestyle shots, one really good portrait shot, and one shot that's crazy avante garde style.

And you'd have your basic six shot portfolio.

Apr 20 06 12:50 pm Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

Lens N Light wrote:
Obviously, fashion is your passion. If I were you, I think I'd do some more of that and either use a photographer who exposes correctly or punch itup in post processing. Many of the nicest images would be much better if exposed correctly.

Thanks.  None of the photos in my port have been retouched, so I'll have to look into that.  Yeah, I do love fashion, clothes are fun.  I appreciate it.

Apr 20 06 01:00 pm Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

Stanley wrote:
Agencies want flexibility, for that, stuff into your port, 2 clean fashion editorial shots, 2 lifestyle shots, one really good portrait shot, and one shot that's crazy avante garde style.

Thanks.  I've heard of a six shot portfolio, but never knew which shots should be included.

Apr 20 06 01:01 pm Link

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I need this info too so great topic! so when we say a lifestyle shot we mean the model interacting with things around her?

Apr 20 06 07:44 pm Link

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Anyone know links to examples of llamas portfolios that fit the requirement?

Apr 20 06 07:45 pm Link

Model

Sharron P

Brooklyn, New York, US

Stanley wrote:

That's very helpful.

Apr 20 06 07:57 pm Link