Forums > General Industry > why is it so hard to get people to . . .

Model

Michael Phillip

Richmond, California, US

I'm new to the whole modeling industry. But for some reason it is so hard to get people to actually work with me. People say they will but thats as far as it goes. I cant even get people to give me advice comments on my page, aint that crazy. But anyways I am still desired to find photographers and models to work with and learn from. So if you have time stop by my page check it out let me know what you think. Advice and comments are welcomed and needed.

Apr 20 06 08:49 am Link

Photographer

Lens N Light

Bradford, Vermont, US

It works both ways, Mike. I've had three models back out on paid work this weekend. What's with that?  I've given up and I'm just going to the Maine coast (where I had the weekend booked at an Inn) and just shoot touristy stuff.

Apr 20 06 08:59 am Link

Model

Jay Dezelic

Seattle, Washington, US

Stick with it.  It's much harder for guys to get feedback than women since there are many male photogs on MM that are into it as a hobby.  It helps when you post specific questions too.  You can also privately message models and photogs that you see giving relevant advice to others and just ask them for their opinions about specific looks, markets, images etc. 

Have you gone into any agencies?  I would imagine that your best area of focus is probably commercial / character modeling / acting.

Good luck and welcome to MM!

Apr 20 06 10:26 am Link