Forums > General Industry > Model Talent Network/ NYC. a scam?

Model

christopher vecchio

San Diego, California, US

i was just wondering if anyone knew if model talent network in nyc was legit or not. they supposedly distribute headshots and resumes to casting agencies and for casting calls they think you'd be good for. they want 150 dollars for a 25 image photoshoot on cd to pick out 1 headshot. does anyone know anything about them?

Apr 19 06 04:56 pm Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

christopher vecchio wrote:
they want 150 dollars for a 25 image photoshoot on cd to pick out 1 headshot.

No.
Never pay.

Apr 19 06 05:16 pm Link

Model

christopher vecchio

thanks. something didn't seem right and they're not registered with consumer affairs or anything.

Apr 19 06 05:40 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

they're not registered with consumer affairs or anything.

I agree that they are not worthwhile to be with.  But what does this "registered with consumer affairs" mean to you, and why is it a criterion that is worth paying attention to?

Apr 19 06 06:42 pm Link

Model

christopher vecchio

well most legitmate companies (not independent photographers etc) are usually registered with consumers affairs which makes them available to be researched by the public as to their authenticity. this company is not independent and i can't find any info on them anywhere so it's strange.

Apr 19 06 08:05 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

well most legitmate companies (not independent photographers etc) are usually registered with consumers affairs which makes them available to be researched by the public as to their authenticity.

Please explain both the "registration" and how they are researched.

Apr 19 06 08:07 pm Link

Model

christopher vecchio

i'm not 100% sure, but there's a website for the department of consumer affairs for each state where you can register. and you can probably register in person somehow. i only cared about this because my dad works with the government and he has used it to research clients for reliability and to check complaints against them.

Apr 19 06 08:26 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I'm asking for a reason, not just idle curiosity.  Could you please find out?

Apr 19 06 09:11 pm Link

Model

christopher vecchio

i'll ask my dad when i see him next and get back to you. probably tomorrow night.

Apr 19 06 10:16 pm Link

Model

Ehn Tee

Detroit Beach, Michigan, US

uhh...yea. I got a call from them and asked the person on the phone what agencies they worked with and she said "I don't know"...weird answer...

Apr 20 06 02:42 am Link