Forums > General Industry > Venting...

Model

Kemara

Tavares, Florida, US

Dont mind this post... but why is it that most pictures that get the modst comments are nude or 1/2 nude? Its SO hard to get comments on casual or fashion shots? I notice it, not only on my port, but others too... its kinda sad that you have to practically strip down to nothing to get noticed...
But once again... just a vent... lol
~!*Kemara*!~

Apr 19 06 12:03 pm Link

Model

CristinaLex

Silver Spring, Maryland, US

I guess thats when models who dont have nudes in there port turn into "comment whores" and post every where from threads to shout box to the main announcements to comment on their page...its sad but true....your work shouldnt be based on comments but based on who you can get to work with you or who you can get to get a gig...

Dont let the lack of comments get you down...nakedness is what people want and soon youll come to realize that ...but I fell ya smile

Apr 19 06 12:06 pm Link

Model

Kaitlin Lara

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Well that's an easy one to answer...men love tits. Really though...most of my favorite photos on this website are nudes...the female form is beautiful, and it's something everyone can relate to...at least moreso than fashion shots. I will mention though that most of the shots I've seen with the most comments were actually just really astonishing photos...regardless of how clothed the subject was. Crappy nudes get more attention because a crappy casual shot doesn't have nipples in it.

Apr 19 06 12:08 pm Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

https://www.nwlink.com/~davidre/blog/vent.jpg

Vent.

Apr 19 06 12:08 pm Link

Photographer

Zeo

Canton, Ohio, US

3thigns.

1. most Casual fashion shots are thigns people see very day, hence there isn't much to comment on, unless somethnis' REALLY wrong with them.

2. Please remember this is the internet.  I keep saying this and no one listens to me, but you're dealing mostly with amatures, and the few pros that hang out here.  that means using this place is usually  a hobby, so most of them are going to go see things they don't do at work all day (which usally would be casual fashion).

3. Why don't you try doing something different, you don't HAVE to get naked to do things that aren't looked over.

Apr 19 06 12:10 pm Link

Photographer

nevar

Fort Smith, Arkansas, US

Comments are not the true test as to whether a picture is good or not, views are. Certainly nude pictures get a higher rate of views because as some one else brought up, even a poorly done nude is less mundane than fashion. Having said that one of the most viewed and commented pictures on here is of Maria Christina in a candy bikini. Anything that is done well will be viewed, and anything interesting will be commented on.  My advice to you to get more comments would be simply to work with more creative photographers. There are a million pictures of models all doing the samething... The more routine the shot the fewer comments.

Apr 19 06 12:26 pm Link