Forums > General Industry > How many MMers are signed with agencies?

Makeup Artist

Deirdre

New Milford, Connecticut, US

I was wondering how many MMers are signed with agencies or get work through agencies and was this as a result of being on MM? This applies to all MMers - not just models.

Apr 18 06 10:15 pm Link

Model

Angel Tara

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

I am, and it had nothing to do with MM. Two local, commercial agencies.

They have gotten me some work.

Apr 18 06 10:25 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Deirdre

Glad you responded Angel - Good for "the under 5'10 group" to see it is possible to get signed and get work. By the way your work is quite impressive!

Apr 18 06 10:40 pm Link

Model

Jay Dezelic

Seattle, Washington, US

I thought we all were.  Isn't MM an agency?  Where's the money anyway?  smile - Nope, no agency for me.  I am just a lowly internet model.

Apr 18 06 10:48 pm Link

Model

Christie_Marie

Fayetteville, Arkansas, US

I'm signed with Ford and Click. I didn't meet the photographer who sent me to the agencies through MM, but he does have an account.

Apr 19 06 02:33 am Link

Photographer

Rich Mohr

Chicago, Illinois, US

Another question to go with this...
If you are signed to an agency, are they actually getting you paid jobs?
I've had models run off a list of who they're signed with on a non-exclusive basis but what good is being signed if they don't get work?

Rich

Apr 19 06 10:09 am Link

Model

Radka Novakova

Hollywood, Alabama, US

I'm not.I am too short:-(

Apr 19 06 10:12 am Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

I'm too nervous..but i was signed as a kid to Irene Marie

Apr 19 06 11:27 am Link

Makeup Artist

Candace Corey

Chicago, Illinois, US

I am a full time makeup artist. I am with several agencies over various areas but I do a lot of marketing and follow up on my own too. You have to realize that agents are like secretaries...they work for YOU. So you need to be working just as hard as them, to get yourself work. So my agents get me work, and I get myself a lot of work.

Candace Corey
www.candacecorey.com

Apr 19 06 11:45 am Link

Model

thida

Snellville, Georgia, US

Umh....I wish I was signed with an agency! smile

Apr 19 06 11:50 am Link

Makeup Artist

Deirdre

Candace Corey wrote:
I am a full time makeup artist. I am with several agencies over various areas but I do a lot of marketing and follow up on my own too. You have to realize that agents are like secretaries...they work for YOU. So you need to be working just as hard as them, to get yourself work. So my agents get me work, and I get myself a lot of work.

Hi Candace you have told me this before - I'll keep working at it!

Candace Corey
www.candacecorey.com

Apr 19 06 08:41 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Deirdre

Oops! Sorry poorly posted!

Apr 19 06 08:43 pm Link

Model

_kate

New York, New York, US

thida wrote:
Umh....I wish I was signed with an agency! smile

same same. i think im too little.

Apr 19 06 08:45 pm Link

Model

LETITIA WINN

Chicago, Illinois, US

I'm signed with two agencies 1 commericial and 1 for runway. I can say that with the help of the photographers that I worked with since being on MM has helped me land my agencies. So kudos to them smile

Apr 19 06 09:23 pm Link

Model

Kita St Cyr

New York, New York, US

I consider getting signed sometimes but I do this just for fun so what's the point?

Apr 19 06 09:38 pm Link

Model

The_N_Word

New York, New York, US

I'm represented by two commercial agencies in NYC. Both happened in the same week less than a month ago. We'll see what happens. smile

Oh and shutup with the "I'm too short" pity parties. That will get you nowhere.

edit:

MM had nothing to do with it. My drive and the advice I've received OUTSIDE the internet did.

Apr 19 06 09:42 pm Link

Model

LETITIA WINN

Chicago, Illinois, US

Congrats Nerlande

Apr 19 06 09:46 pm Link

Model

-Katrina-

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Im not represented YET, but I have intentions of approaching Reinhard, Main Line, and Greer Lange in the Philly area...
I just want to make sure my portfolio or at least adequate and I'd like to get it right the first time I approach them because I doubt I'll get a 2nd chance

Apr 19 06 09:49 pm Link

Model

-Katrina-

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

damn double-ness

Apr 19 06 09:49 pm Link

Model

joanna kristine

Providence, Rhode Island, US

I thought if you are on MM you are not supposed to be signed?

I may be wrong.

Apr 19 06 09:50 pm Link

Photographer

Love the Arts

Malibu, California, US

Joanna Kristine wrote:

I may be wrong.

No that's not true... I know a few models on MM are multi listed. This is a good medium for feedback and networking.

Apr 19 06 10:22 pm Link

Model

Lida C

Astoria, New York, US

I'm not signed and would not begin to know how to go about it, but if I could make a living at modeling, I would love to sign with ANYONE!  lol

Apr 19 06 10:31 pm Link

Model

Naureen

Astoria, Illinois, US

i'm waiting for strong pictures before i go to the agencies, but time is clicking and i'm not getting any younger so i have to go SOON!!! i think my problem is i fear rejection and sometimes we just take it personally and think its the end of the world! lol.... but lets see~~~ sometimes you have to overcome your fears and face your dreams! i dont want to regret anything later on...

Apr 19 06 10:33 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Joanna Kristine wrote:

I may be wrong.

Just a no agents policy. Notice the member categories: MODEL, PHOTOGRAPHER, MAKEUP ARTIST, HAIR STYLIST, WARDROBE STYLIST.

"Agent" is not on the list. "Manager" is not on the list.

Real agents and managers have more work than they know what to do with, and no time for scouring websites.

If my managers were on this site looking for clients, I would drop them in a second.

Apr 19 06 11:07 pm Link

Model

Jayson R

Los Angeles, California, US

I gotta agree with ya on that Ched.  I'm signed with a total of  8 agencies, 1 in Lancaster, PA, 4 in Philly, 2 in NYC, and 1 in Allentown.  The New York ones both great, Philly ones umm 2/4 ain't bad right? Haha.  And the other two outside of Philly I just signed with so I don't know.  All of them are non-exclusive but it takes some effort not to let some know I'm with their competition.

Apr 19 06 11:48 pm Link

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Here's one I'm sure nobody has mentioned:

I WAS signed to an agency..then they went out of buisness in January. Quite funny actually...I finally go to the office to find out why my agent hasn't returend any of my calls and one of my fave photogs is chipping away at the company sign on the door.

Modelswere finding work but just not enough to  bring in revenue. Go figure

Apr 20 06 01:18 pm Link