Forums > General Industry > Informal survey result - best route to nakedness

Photographer

BTHPhoto

Fairbanks, Alaska, US

I hear a lot of people talking about GWCs only having a camera because it makes it easier to get girls naked.  Personally, I've always found it easier to pick up a girl and get her naked without a camera than with one, so today I conducted an informal survey.  I picked 17 women who I know casually but not closely.  They all know me well enough to know I'm a photographer, but not well enough that we ever hang out together or run in the same circles.  I told them I was conducting a survey and asked them whether it would be easier to get them naked for sex or for pictures.  12 out of 17 said sex, and they'd never consider pictures.  1 said pictures (she got a business card!).  2 said neither and don't ever talk to me again (no kidding!).  1 said either (she got a business card too!).  1 said both, except for the fact that she knows I'm married.

So, based on my informal survey, I've concluded that either:

a) all you guys who think GWCs wouldn't own cameras except for their goal of getting girls naked are way off base

OR

b) you're all right and those dumb GWCs are REALLY wasting their time and money.

Granted, 17 women in a subarctic suburb is probably not a representative sample, but what do you think - a or b?

Apr 17 06 10:45 pm Link

Photographer

MarkMarek

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

These are some interesting findings, however one has to take into account the ugliness factors of some men (such as me) who would have never achieved a thing if he was trying to score with mere charm of his personality. So here's where the camera comes in handy. I wouldn't make you have sex with me, but I can get you nekkid in front of my lens tongue

Apr 17 06 10:49 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Tim Hammond wrote:
what do you think - a or b?

Given the large number of naked pictures by GWC, I have to think that a and b aren't the only choices.

Apr 17 06 10:51 pm Link

Photographer

NewBoldPhoto

PORT MURRAY, New Jersey, US

Tim Hammond wrote:
b) you're all right and those dumb GWCs are REALLY wasting their time and money.

The depth of the ignorance apparent in some men is utterly stunning.

Apr 17 06 11:00 pm Link

Photographer

Vintagevista

Sun City, California, US

Dude - I used to design surveys -

Totally flawed methodology - at least relating to GWC success ratios - The "let me take nude photos of you" should have an image of 2 one hundred dollar bills with an " = " in the middle.

Now - get out there and re-survey the 15 that will still talk to you - and don't come back till your results match our pre-conceived notions.

OUT!

LOL  VintageV  (Who actually did design surveys when in grad school - really!)

Apr 17 06 11:52 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

Of these 17 women, how many were Native Alaskans?

(Makes a huge difference on how I answer)

Apr 17 06 11:57 pm Link

Photographer

BTHPhoto

Fairbanks, Alaska, US

Craig Thomson wrote:
Of these 17 women, how many were Native Alaskans?

(Makes a huge difference on how I answer)

Do you mean born and raised in Alaska or Alaskan Natives (as in Athabascan, Innuit, Aleut, etc.)?  If you mean the first, I don't know.  If you mean the second, none, although one is Apache, if that makes a difference.

Apr 18 06 12:26 am Link

Photographer

olegvolk Oleg Volk

Lebanon, Tennessee, US

I shoot a LOT of nudes, including some of fairly shy people. Several considerations:

-- Don't push the models. Either they want to pose nude or they don't. The lack of enthusiasm would show in the results anyway.

-- Make it clear that your uses of the resulting images would be considerate of the model's best interests.

-- Shoot excellent non-nude images first.

-- Be a safe person to be around. Have a good reputation.

-- I encourage my models to wear sidearms, which indicates my concern for their safety.

I have new models fly in from other states very regularly. Generally, they return for further shoots as often as they can. They also recommend me to friends. Except for a few budgeted projects, I do not pay anyone. Their gain is the images they get, professional exposure and the sheer enjoyment of the process.

https://www.olegvolk.net/gallery/d/2288-2/essentials.jpg

("Bare Essentials" actually show the model's personal gear, a Level II vest and a Glock 17)

Apr 18 06 01:06 am Link

Photographer

Vivus Hussein Denuo

New York, New York, US

Tim, you forgot to have a control group of women whom you didn't ask any questions.  You'd need to count how many of them spontaneously offered to take their clothes off for you, and for which reason.  :-)  JK.

Apr 18 06 01:23 am Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

Tim Hammond wrote:

Do you mean born and raised in Alaska or Alaskan Natives (as in Athabascan, Innuit, Aleut, etc.)?  If you mean the first, I don't know.  If you mean the second, none, although one is Apache, if that makes a difference.

I meant Alaskan Natives.

I think this poll is flawed in that a GWC doesn’t target non models 100%, I feel you may have to include known models to make the poll more accurate.

Apr 18 06 01:46 am Link

Photographer

Aaron_H

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

olegvolk wrote:
I shoot a LOT of nudes, including some of fairly shy people. Several considerations:

-- Don't push the models. Either they want to pose nude or they don't. The lack of enthusiasm would show in the results anyway.

-- Make it clear that your uses of the resulting images would be considerate of the model's best interests.

-- Shoot excellent non-nude images first.

-- Be a safe person to be around. Have a good reputation.

-- I encourage my models to wear sidearms, which indicates my concern for their safety.

I have new models fly in from other states very regularly. Generally, they return for further shoots as often as they can. They also recommend me to friends. Except for a few budgeted projects, I do not pay anyone. Their gain is the images they get, professional exposure and the sheer enjoyment of the process.

https://www.olegvolk.net/gallery/d/2288-2/essentials.jpg

("Bare Essentials" actually show the model's personal gear, a Level II vest and a Glock 17)

You need help

Apr 18 06 02:11 am Link

Photographer

olegvolk Oleg Volk

Lebanon, Tennessee, US

As you may observe from the variety of people shown on my site, I get a lot of help from my friends. Or did you mean that in a snooty way, Sir?

Apr 18 06 02:31 am Link

Photographer

BTHPhoto

Fairbanks, Alaska, US

Craig Thomson wrote:

I meant Alaskan Natives.

I think this poll is flawed in that a GWC doesn’t target non models 100%, I feel you may have to include known models to make the poll more accurate.

Yeah, you've got a point, but if you think it's hard for GWC to talk girls out of their clothes, try finding 17 known models in Fairbanks, Alaska, then you'll really know what hard is.

Apr 18 06 08:36 am Link

Photographer

Hinterland

Washington, District of Columbia, US

With camera...without camera...athabascan...etruscan ... whatever! Alcohol is the best! It always works on me...

Apr 18 06 08:41 am Link

Photographer

Dave Krueger

Huntsville, Alabama, US

Tim Hammond wrote:
Personally, I've always found it easier to pick up a girl and get her naked without a camera than with one...

You're probably not as ugly as me.  You ought to walk a mile in my shoes.

Apr 18 06 09:03 am Link

Photographer

Chris Macan

HAVERTOWN, Pennsylvania, US

No, your poll shows what most GWCs count on,
2 out of 17 chicks will consider getting naked on camera,
so if you ask 17,000 you will get to see some nakid girls.
and since the wife, girlfriend, mother..... won't let them date,
but might let them be the next great photographer,

so they ask every meter maid, water ice girl, the old lady next door.....
Who ever, as long as the have B(o)(o)bies and a pulse.

It's really a foolproof plan.

Apr 18 06 09:11 am Link