Forums > General Industry > LOST IN TRANSLATION

Photographer

CreativeSandBoxStudio

London, England, United Kingdom

El ser gran fotógrafo o modelo no le garantiza que tendrá éxito en él-Être un grand photographe ou modèle ne vous garantit pas que réussira à lui-Sein ein großer Photograph oder ein Modell garantiert Ihnen nicht, daß an ihm folgt. So being a great photographer or model doesn’t guarantee you’ll succeed at it. Here is a guide to   being the best you can be in this industry. A 5-point guidebook to understanding creativity......1) Knowing Yourself.......As much as we think we know about our creativity, so many of us get lost in this thing we call our egos or my toys are bigger than yours. So does your toys define you as a shooter or how many times you have been photographed  makes you a season pro at the modeling industry. What is it we want to accomplish in the long run of your career? 2) Know Your Team....Those that work with us to give that image. Are you willing to be apart of a team or is a solo enrichment your style. This site can be such a resource as a database, you are all getting it for free...stop battling only minor issues and take this time to find out what can be gained. 3) Manage them the way they want to be managed......When working with others, respect what knowledge each of us have to offer. Being a professional has a great point in wanting to work  with you. Does it take rules of guidance to understand professionalism. 4) Communicate Often...... A simple word to use, but if you don’t communicate it’s a word that lacks understanding. Define what services you offer to others and when setting a schedule for shoots address these issues with each other. I am finding to many do not take this with the idea that professionalism does matter. 5) Set the Standard, then back off......Here on Modelmayhem I think it’s new to most to just do it without being professional when it comes to working together or that setting standards are really required here, so you want to be treated as a professional. Work as a team let there be rules for which we are holding to within this site and also in our working relationships. We can battle each other making it weak in communicating some of these things I see happening here. And stepping away and seeing if it works is the rewards we all seek in being in a industry governed by visual and words to communicate to a world.

Jul 06 05 11:06 am Link

Photographer

Monsante Bey

Columbus, Georgia, US

I've been trying to build an Ohio team since I got here. It always fails though. In Atlanta, i had a team so strong, it was unbreakable. Hell my mentor JUST called me twice within a 24 hour period, wondering when i'm coming back.

Jul 06 05 12:51 pm Link