Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Help! Im using a proactiv like system but how do I

Model

Miss Havok

HOT SPRINGS NATIONAL PARK, Arkansas, US

cover the remaing spots until they are gone??? Its working really well at removing the scars as well as breakouts but I have 2 shoots this weekend and still need to cover them, REALLY well smile

Apr 13 06 10:09 pm Link

Model

Christina Ilise

Saint Albans, New York, US

why not just use a concealer? will there be an mua at the shoot? if not then a concealer and foundation should do the trick

Apr 20 06 09:27 pm Link

Model

Emily L

New York, New York, US

Try eucerin cream, a primer before your foundation and then a good concealer.

Apr 20 06 09:30 pm Link

Model

Sardave

Abilene, Texas, US

I'm sorry, I have to ask you what it is you are using.  I need something for my skin so badly...

Apr 20 06 09:31 pm Link

Model

Ashton Shane

Chicago, Illinois, US

The only things that have cleared my skin up after a crazy quarter life crisis are Cetaphil gentle face wash, Differin cream (not gel and you will have to get it through a Dr.) and Neutrogena acne fade peel. This peel stinks pretty badly but I love it.

Stay away from make-up with talc powder in it. If you really want a good, quick make-up cover up try some things from Bare Minerals. Their stuff covers very well, keeps the shine off and it is all natural.

Ashton

Apr 20 06 09:39 pm Link

Model

OC Girl

Costa Mesa, California, US

Ooh I love bare minerals.  After a long day I can't even feel it.  Brilliant I tell you.  But I tried Neutragena acne peel and it made me break out.

I too have acne marks.  I got tons of microdermabrasion treatments and a glycolic acid peel a while back.  My skin looks great with concealer, but not by itself.

As for covering the marks--put concealer on AFTER foundation.  Then lightly go over the concealor with foundation again in a blotting pattern (don't rub) to blend and set with powder. 

While make-up artists can do things with my eyes that I never in a million years could do, I prefer to do my own makeup.  Every make-up artist I've ever worked with puts on a tiny bit of concealor first and the foundation wipes it away.  My skin always has spots that need covering.

Primer's good too, like someone above mentioned.  If you have any scars from cystic acne, a primer can help fill them in.

Apr 23 06 08:31 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Face 2 face

Atlanta, Georgia, US

If you can get a product called GM Collin (get it) that is the best skincare line hands down (catered to your specific skincare type).
1. never use deodorant soaps on your face/nor hot water in the shower
2. use lukewarm water and a gentle cleanser/alcohol free toner (put in spray bottle and mist/then use a good moisturizer, and spf for your skin).

drink plenty of water (no soda) during this time: (take your body weight divide it by 2. Divide this number by 8) the resulting number is how many 8 oz. glasses of water you should be drinking daily (ex-if you are 160lbs you should be drinking 10-8 oz. glasse of water each day)

and you should be taking a multivitamin daily.

Basics of skincare (junk in junk out) eat healty stuff for the few days before the shoot and your skin should be beamin'!

For makeup: apply the foundation first then spot concealer closest to your skin tone-lightly powder and the concealer will not move. spray with a fix spray (glycerin and water) to set makeup.

hope this helps
Face 2 face

Apr 24 06 10:01 am Link

Makeup Artist

Nadine Make-up Artist

Düsseldorf, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany

I totally agree with face 2 face (sorrry don't know your name). I also read the post where someone talked about bare minerales. This is good for your normal day makeup but don't use it for photo shootings. The makeup will not look good at all.

Apr 24 06 10:21 am Link

Makeup Artist

complexionperfecton

Natick, Massachusetts, US

also-  You can apply visine to the pimple to help take out the red first.

As for make-up,  I do use a mineral base for photo shoot called glo-minerals.  It's not sold in stores,  just through spas and md practices,  but it's fabulous and is great for shoots.  that line has an extremely excellent concealer and liquid foundation that make a great concealer too.

Apr 24 06 08:14 pm Link

Model

Arianna J

I exfoliate every day to help my breakouts and use aveda products. Cetaphil is great for the face wash also.
this may sound nasty but its great for your skin and for losing weight- get a colon cleanse or a total body cleanser you can get it from gnc-- and drink alot of water!

Apr 25 06 01:02 am Link

Makeup Artist

Make Up the Design

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Just a quick werd of caution for all using Cetaphil....although it IS a good, mild cleanser and does help with many skin irritations, it is NOT ment to remove make up.  If you use it daily but dont wear alot of make up, or have your make up removed first, its not a problem.  Make up that is left on your skin can cause more breakouts.

May 02 06 05:06 pm Link

Makeup Artist

K E O

Houston, Texas, US

ALISONRAFFAELLE.COM
Hands down, the best concelear I have used to cover blemishes or spots. Its amazing, and has a great yellow tone in all shades.

May 02 06 05:13 pm Link